This event is a follow up of Android Study Jam 1 (http://www.meetup.com/AndroidAlliancePhilly/events/228538539/), Android Study Jam 2 (http://www.meetup.com/AndroidAlliancePhilly/events/228740236/) and Android Study Jam 3 (http://www.meetup.com/AndroidAlliancePhilly/events/228931122/). Google Developer Group Philly will be hosting 5 "study jams" as we work our way through the Udacity Android Beginners course.
The fourth meetup is on Feb 29nd at DramaFever from 6 to 8 pm. We will meet every Monday for 5 weeks (except March 7th) till the final project is completed. Pizza & Beverages will be provided.
Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct is available here (https://github.com/AndroidPhilly/GDGPhillyStudyJam/blob/master/README.md#gdg-phillyandroid-alliance-code-of-conduct). We will not tolerate harassment of fellow attendees or facilitators of any kind. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event.
Feb 8th, Feb 15th, Feb 22nd, Feb 29th, March 14th
Please bring a laptop. We will be writing code.
Please do the following before attending
• Go through all the Udacity code and quizzes in Lessons 1A, 1B, Practice Set 1, Lessons 2A, 2B, Practice Set 2 and Lessons 3A, 3B.
• Join this Google plus community (https://plus.google.com/communities/107779414017676143474) to meet other attendees
• Sign up at Udacity (https://www.udacity.com/account/affiliate/GoogleStudyJams) so you can track your progress and get your certificate
Note: Don't sign up for the Free Trial option. Hit the blue button to Access Course Materials for free.
Agenda for Session 4
Discuss Final Project - 5 Things
If you want to get a head start, you can start by following the instructions on Udacity (https://www.udacity.com/course/viewer#!/c-ud837/l[masked]/m[masked]).
What are Google Study Jams
Google Developers Groups Study Jams is a free series of global, community-run, in-person study groups. This Study Jams series is presented in partnership with Udacity and will follow their Android Beginners curriculum (https://www.udacity.com/course/android-development-for-beginners--ud837). More info at Google Dev Study Jams (http://developerstudyjams.com/).
What attendees get
• Personal tutoring on the course material
• Community setting to support course learning
• Swag pack
• Google-offered Study Jams completion certificate
• Discount on the Android Nanodegree upon course completion
• Opportunity to join Google Launchpad with completed app, pending app quality