Saturday, June 13, 2020
START TIME: 10:00 AM at the ramp, RETURN TIME: 5:30 PM
NOTE: IF THERE IS ENOUGH INTEREST (8-10 hikers), BROOKS CAN ADD AN ADDITIONAL BOAT. PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON THE WAITING LIST!!
We will individually drive and meetup at Devils Fork State Park. Launching from Devils Fork SP boat ramp at 10:00, Jocassee Lake Tours will shuttle us across Lake Jocassee to Canebreak Access. Hike follows the Foothills Trail crossing over the new Toxaway Bridge, then up and over Heartbreak Ridge and onward to Laurel Fork Falls. Hike ends with a boat tour on Lake Jocassee. Hikers arrive back at Devils Fork SP about 4:00.
Brooks Wade will give us the parking location closer to activity date.
1. This hike is open to dues-paying club members only, no guest hikers please.
2. Boat capacity limited to 10 hikers during the COVID-19 recovery period.
3. Cost is $35 per person. Write your check to “Joe Hayden” and mail funds to Allstate Insurance, 26A Orchard Park Dr., Greenville, SC 29615.
4. Funds must be received by June 1, 2020 to hold your spot.
5. Hike is non-refundable unless the entire event is cancelled.
6. Ending time is an estimation. Don’t make plans for that Sunday evening!
M: 6.6, EG: 1450, R: S
Drive RT: 80 miles, $6.00, L: 10, State Park Admission
Leader: Elizabeth Brown,[masked]