addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Greater New Orleans Tea Party Message Board 2012 PRESIDENTIAL AND VP CANDIDATES › ROMNEY-RYAN TICKET......... UP AND RUNNING!!!!!

ROMNEY-RYAN TICKET......... UP AND RUNNING!!!!!

Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 3,263
Hurray..... I think this is a good choice......certainly better than a Pawlenty or Portman pick!!!

My VP choice would have been Rubio...but the upside is that we will NOT lose him in the Senate....I am not very impressed with the Republican primary candidates for Bill Nelson's FL Senate seat so was worried about having to run for another seat!!! Funny too..... at age 41....Rubio was considered "too young" to possibly be President....but at 42....Ryan is OK ??????

Can' t wait for the Ryan/Biden wipeout debates...... Biden should be VERY concerned!!!

Romney was getting slammed this week by the "conservative" media...... maybe Ryan can light a fire under him!!!

http://www.weeklystan...­

Rep Ryan lectures Obama on Obamacare!!!
http://www.youtube.co...­
(He agrees with me... CBO is often "garbage in- garbage out" scheme) aka..... HIDING spending does NOT reduce spending......

Rep Ryan destroys Wasserman-Schultz in health care debate: (WHOO-HOO)
http://www.youtube.co...­

Do YOU like this pick????
Linda B. C.
user 29222152
Kenner, LA
Post #: 4
Not especially, but he will clobber Obama in any budget discussion and teach the Nation just what atrocities are taking place in DC. Jim DeMint says there are approximately 5 principled people in the whole Senate...and admitted that he is a recovering appropriator. If we don't clean the Senate and the rest of the House...bye bye Miss American Pie. And an all out Revolution. The Radical Lefties are stoking the flames and I pray for a safe election day. Go Ryan!! Mitt needs your vim and vigor for victory.
Robert M.
Vetforliberty
Madisonville, LA
Post #: 1
MR. Ryan is definitely not afraid of action! This team will serve America well...let's make sure they win and preserve our country.
Sue M.
user 9067660
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 7
IT'S MORNING IN AMERICA!

May God bless the United States of America!!!
A former member
Post #: 159
Did he say that our rights come from NATURE and God??? Hoping that I heard that wrong along with all forms of SUSTAINABLE ENERGY...
A former member
Post #: 156
WOW !!!! I love Paul Ryan and was hoping he would be picked !!!!
Anne B.
AnneBaker
Kenner, LA
Post #: 49
I think Ryan brings youth and guts. Finally we will hear more about economic policies. Yes, we will have lots of negative ads about "pushing granny off the cliff" but we are used to that.

Love the phrase:

"WE PROMISE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY NOT EQUAL OUTCOME!"

ROMNEY/RYAN is a great ticket. Now we need to get behind them and get them in office. There will be time after that happens to start picking at them and keeping them true. Our primary goal from now to November is to get them elected and NOT to criticize them. They are what we have...... and we know they are not Communists. That makes them better than what we have today.
Connie Z.
ConnieZ
Kenner, LA
Post #: 538
I am so relieved.

I didn't realize how much I was holding my breath, until I didn't have to hold it anymore. I feel very enthused about Ryan as the VP pick.

My first pick would have been Allen West, because I want some backbone in this race, but I am satisfied and relieved with Ryan.

I found this quote from a Glenn Beck/Paul Ryan interview:

PAUL RYAN: Where we raise our family, 35 miles from Madison. I grew up hearing about this stuff. This stuff came from these German intellectuals to Madison‑University of Wisconsin and sort of out there from the beginning of the last century. So this is something we are familiar with where I come from. It never sat right with me. And as I grew up, I learned more about the founders and reading the Austrians and others that this is really a cancer because it basically takes the notion that our rights come from God and nature and turns it on its head and says, no, no, no, no, no, they come from government, and we here in government are here to give you your rights and therefore ration, redistribute and regulate your rights. It’s a complete affront of the whole idea of this country and that is to me what we as conservatives, or classical liberals if you want to get technical.

So this tells me that he is tuned in to the fact that we have a lot of COMMIES running around this country. Now if he can really articulate that and come up with a plan to purge the commies, and set our fiscal house in order, then I have some hopes that as Tea Partiers, our job will be a little easier. But since Romney appears to be a big government kind of guy... we still have a LOT of work to do.

And like Anne said, "There will be time after that happens to start picking at them and keeping them true."

I wish we had a true small government presidential candidate, but maybe Romney can see the light. I will try to help him to see the light, by writing to his campaign to let them know, and keeping a consistent narrative.

And one important thing that both candidates need to do now... OPENLY EMBRACE and THANK the Tea Party for all that we are doing for Liberty.

Yours in the fight,
Connie

PS I really liked the Nature and God reference. It spoke to me. I am a Nature's God kind of person. Jeffersonian, in that regard.
Tom G.
user 9071720
Metairie, LA
Post #: 436
Paul Ryan choice great, although I hate to lose him from Congress. I hope he really clues Romney in on a responsible budget and advises him during the debates. I was also sure, Romney was going to choose some Milquetoast like Pawlenty or Portman. They both have the right values for the most part, but Pawlenty has no personality and Portman is too closely tied with the Bush admin. Please take time to click on all the links in Terri's post to get the background on Paul Ryan. Copy and send to all your friends and/or people on the fence. I especially love the one where he dresses down Obama and Biden about the true cost and results of Obamacare. Just note the looks of the other Congressmen and Obama in this video. More great info. from Terri and good insights by the other responders to this subject. To me, this is the first real conservative move by Romney. Now if, he will just listen to Ryan and make sure Ryan is making speeches all over the country as often as possible.
donie m.
user 11892482
Covington, LA
Post #: 13
I loved the reference to NATURE and GOD, since Natural Law and God's Law are compatible.

I think Romney's slip is also providential: How about - REAGAN, 1980 - ROMNEY, 2012 - and the NEXT
President of the United States -----RYAN, 2020 ! I thought his speech was very Reaganesque!

God Bless America!