addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Greater New Orleans Tea Party Message Board 2012 PRESIDENTIAL AND VP CANDIDATES › What just happened at the RNC? Booing, upset people?

What just happened at the RNC? Booing, upset people?

Connie Z.
ConnieZ
Kenner, LA
Post #: 543
I couldn't understand what Reince Priebus was saying but I could tell it really upset a LOT of people. Was this related to the last minute rule changes? I don't understand that either.

If anyone can concisely explain it, I would truly be grateful.

Whatever was going on, it didn't look good.
Carol F.
user 9224083
Pearl River, LA
Post #: 302
This was an email to my Daughter explaining what happened:
Boy you shut down the debate just like the RNC. Plain and simple. Just flip the coin and say they did the same thing to Romney and stripped his delegates that Republicans voted for in a fair caucus. I was at the caucus and I voted for the delegates that I wanted to represent us. Grassroots delegates, not necessarily for Ron Paul. We are trying to change the way Washington does things by putting in people like, Nickie Haley, Scott Walker, Allen West, Sarah Palin, only at a grassroots level. This would have furthered our cause. Now the establishment will have their say and run roughshod over any grassroots movement, no matter the rules. Like Obama shoving Obamacare down our throats. They totally disenfranchised our votes by changing the rules in the middle of the game. That is not how the process is done; until now. They decided who they wanted and screw the people. If the majority had been for Romney fair and square that's fine, but to not let the people at least have a chance to be represented is not a Republic. What if you didn't like who was up for nomination but the ruling class decided they knew better than the voice of the people. Now the people have no voice which sets us back. Let the people decide, follow the Constitution, not rewrite to suit whoever is in charge. That's what Obama is doing. I like Romney too, but today was just a power grab, totally wrong, with consequences down the road. Listen to the video and you might understand what really happened. http://freedomoutpost...­

Daughter, please have an open mind on these things. This is so important for our future generations. This is not a Romney vs Paul matter, but We The People can't let this sort of thing happen or we all loose. Liberty & Fairness Implode As RNC Rules Committee Wields Iron Fist

Read more: http://freedomoutpost...­ ###

Carol F.
user 9224083
Pearl River, LA
Post #: 303
This from Sonny NS912:
Republican Establishment remains interested in power, not citizens:

If you are already interested in and upset by what happened to grass roots activists at the convention you may want to read how bad it was in this article by Michelle Malkin. RNC power grab: the aftermath

By Michelle Malkin • August 29, 2012 12:39 PM
http://michellemalkin...­

A former member
Post #: 505
I was there, it was a thieving power grab by the Robmey camp. They had signs shipped in for everyone and anyone who was holding anything other than a Robmey sign it was accosted and taken away.

They had the 'script' on the teleprompter and they didn't even care what the actual voice vote was they read from the teleprompter. THEY TOOK YOUR RIGHTS AWAY PREMEDITATED. It was scripted by the Robmey campaign and that's exactly how it went.

Go ahead fools, vote for the man who stole your voice and get more of the same.