addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Greater New Orleans Tea Party Message Board ELECTIONS 2019 .......ROAD TO VICTORY › CITY OF KENNER ELECTIONS 2018 : CANDIDATE INFO

CITY OF KENNER ELECTIONS 2018 : CANDIDATE INFO

Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 5,502
March 24 election. Early voting March 10- 17.

Sharing some info on candidates for Kenner. This came from a friend and I agree....so am sharing with his permission. Feel free to add your own thoughts and comments.

Remember, GNOTP does not endorse. These are personal opinions:

Here we are with the important privilege of electing our city council again. Kenner’s council, a total of seven, with five districts and one at large seats are servants of the people. Yes, these are the people that look after your interest in the cities business and providing balance with the executive, the mayor, to provide for good government in our town.

I hope that you will consider the candidates that I am recommending for your support. I am only addressing the seats in this election. We don’t have to make seven decisions this time

Starting with the at large seat between the incumbent Maria Defranchese and the challenger Kristy McKinnie.

Maria Defranchese has served on the council in district four and has served for I believe six years as at large council person. Maria has served well and has always offered the individual point of views when she thought that an issue was not in the best interest of the Kenner citizenry. She was willing to stand up to opposition or supporters of things that she saw as not favorable to Kenner. Marie is well known for her empathy for those who have had illness or other distress in their lives and was always willing to help. One of Marie’s well-known attributes is that she will ALWAYS return your phone call and listen intently to what you have to say and advocate in your behalf.

This brings me to Kristi McKinnie. McKinnie has marvelous credentials. Are those credentials what the city of Kenner needs. Perhaps, but what I see as deeded is a candidate that will stand strongly for the citizens of Kenner without absolute obligation to elements that seek to hold on to all power in Jefferson parish, including Kenner. Ms McKinnie’s candidacy is sponsored by an element in Jefferson that enjoys an unusual number of lucrative contracts throughout the parish and has a major influence on who will be elected in the parish. Kenner does not need to elect another “machine” official.

District One.

Gregory Carroll is one of the most honorable men I know in Kenner politics. Despite the vicious attacks made against him by former Kenner mayor and current parish president Michael Munoir Yenni, Carroll has always fought hard for the people of district one and is loved by a majority of his constituents who petitioned a third term for him.

District Four.

George Brannigan is my choice for this seat. Mr. Brannigan is a successful business man who has proven his civic awareness many times, most notable in my mind is his commitment along with thirteen others to a loan of fifty thousand dollars to finish the baseball complex at Muss Bertolino playground. That od dedication to our city. Unlike his opponent, George is aware of the needs and issues of Kenner. The opponent? Lenny Cline has over sixty lawsuits against him and at one time had his law practice halted by the Louisiana Bar Assn. Cline does not return phone calls and that is probably because he has no clue as to what Kenner’s business is about. Cline is just another yes man to machine politics.

Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 5,503
Here's an article on Dist 3 Council candidates. Honestly, I am not excited about either one if this article is accurate.
http://www.theadvocat...­

I hope if you vote in this District that you will seek out these candidates for more information.

Not sure why the Advocate made such a big deal out of Hayes views on education. If that is his priority...he should be running for School Board next year, not City Council . I don't like that he is big in Chamber of Commerce (which is a HUGE backer of Common Core) and that he is for Charter Schools... which in Louisiana are privately owned but publicly funded schools that redistribute money that is designated for schools controlled by our ELECTED reps on the School Board.
Hayes is also heavily backed by the current establishment political machine.

The other candidate, Paul, has only been Republican for 2 years and seems to like taxes. He says Kenner is strongly divided...... I disagree and don't appreciate the narrative without facts to support it.

Of course, this article comes from the leftist ADVOCATE....so take it with a grain of salt.

CALL the candidates and talk to them. Below is Public info candidates used when they filed to run.

Glenn Hayes Sr.
01/03/2018
Republican
5444 Canary Ansas Dr. Kenner, LA 70065
White
504-382-8255
Male

Randall Paul Sr.
01/05/2018
Republican
4025 Martinique Ave. Kenner, LA 70065
Black