addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Greater New Orleans Tea Party Message Board ELECTIONS 2019 .......ROAD TO VICTORY › 2018 LOUISIANA CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS ON NOV 6 BALLOT

2018 LOUISIANA CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS ON NOV 6 BALLOT

Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 5,588
CA NO. 1 (ACT 719 - SB 31) - Prohibit felon from public office

CA NO. 2 (ACT 722 - SB 243) - Unanimous jury for noncapital felonies

CA NO. 3 (ACT 717 - SB 263) - Permit donations from political subdivisions

CA NO. 4 (ACT 720 - SB 59) - Transportation Trust Fund

CA NO. 5 (ACT 721 - SB 163) - Extend eligibility for tax exemptions

CA NO. 6 (ACT 718 - SB 164) - Reappraisal of residential property

PW Fantasy Sports - Authorize Fantasy Sports Contests - Act 322, 2018

The PAR pro/con review of the above amendments can be found HERE: http://reports.parlou...­

Please Read the PAR review for useful information...... ALSO, you can read the original legislation proposing these amendments HERE:
http://legis.la.gov/L...­

Or HERE: https://www.sos.la.go...­
Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 5,592
Here's my thoughts on the constitutional Amendments and the Parish vote on Fantasy Sports.
Scroll up one post for links to PAR and other info on these Amendments.

CA 1
I am inclined to vote YES on this one...... primarily because it could act as an additional deterrent for elected officials to commit crimes . With the movement toward "judicial reform" , I forsee smaller penalties and less prosecution in our future!!
This ONLY restricts employment as elected or appointed LA government employee. ALL other civilian and regular state jobs are still available. Voters have no control over who is appointed...... or over a candidate ( felon?) who runs for office and is "unopposed."

CA 2
YES...but I am wondering if we can get 12 people to agree on anything these days.

CA 3
HELL NO!!
Why should taxpayers in one Parish give away valuable assets without due compensation!!!
CA 4
NO
This would further NARROW the use of funding...thus creating even stricter "dedicated funding" pool. We need to be opening up these funds to more uses....not restricting more resources.

CA 5
No recommendation

This amendment does not extend any new benefits to any group...it just allows those already eligible for special tax exemptions to put their property in a TRUST and not lose the exemption they are already entitled to under current law.

CA 6
Hell NO
If some homeowners get an extended length of time to pay tax increases....ALL homeowners should get the same opportunity.

Fantasy Sports ( )Parish ballot item
No recommendation
Personally, I am a YES cause I don't think government should be restricting what we spend our own money on.