addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Greater New Orleans Tea Party Message Board ELECTIONS 2019 .......ROAD TO VICTORY › FIND YOUR VOTING DISTRICTS ( YOU COULD HAVE AS MANY AS 20 !!!!)

FIND YOUR VOTING DISTRICTS ( YOU COULD HAVE AS MANY AS 20 !!!!)

Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 1,237
Are you aware that you have as many as 20 DIFFERENT voting "districts" depending on WHAT you are voting for??? I was amazed to find this info!!!

It is available on the Louisiana Secretary of State website.....but is NOT easy to find due to a recent format change. Six months ago (when we were NOT voting on anything) there was a direct link...... NOW...here is the process:

Go to this link https://voterportal.s...­
Do "Voter Search by Address"...... hit SUBMIT
Click on "Voter Registration" (at TOP of page)
Click on "What voting Districts do I live in"

As if this is not confusing enough..... NOW we have "initials" instead of words for each "District"
Here is what they mean:

Cong- U.S. Congressional Rep
Sen- State Senate
Rep- State Representative
PJ- Police Jury/ Parish Council
SCHBD- School Board
JP- Justice of the Peace
CD- City District
TXWD- Tax Ward
SCT- State Supreme Court
ACT- State Appeals Court
DCT- District Court
PSC- Public Service Commission
BESE- Board of Elem and Secondary Education
Security
GEO- Geographical
MUN- Municipality (City)
Drain- Drainage
Port
Annex
Fire

Hope this info is helpful..... I just found out I am voting in a few races I was unaware of!!!!

Tom G.
user 9071720
Metairie, LA
Post #: 145
Thanks Terri.
Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 1,621
Just a "HEADS UP".......... MANY OF YOUR Voting Precincts could CHANGE this year....depending on what happens with the Congressional re-districting.......(scheduled for March)

Obviously...... we must pay close attention to this !!!