The Little Rippers are a group of 7+ year old kids in the area who have been getting together to ride MTB's once a week for the last couple years. We're excited to partner with GROC to open the group to everyone.
We'll spend the first 15 minutes on unloading bikes, introductions, checking wavers and splitting up into manageable groups and then roll out at 5:30.
All Skill levels are welcome. We often have a few younger kids who will stay out on the fields, pump track and trails just inside the woods without climbing up. The rest of the kids (and parents) will be split into groups based on skill/comfort level and we'll head out onto the trails until about 7:00pm for lots of ripping, obstacle conquering, smack talk and the occasional dirt burger.
In order to keep things rolling smoothly we've got a few ground rules.
• Every child must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian on a bike who is responsible for their safety and behavior. No one can judge if a trail is OK for your child better than you can. Fit parents of the Littlest Rippers who need a little more help and are staying in the fields on low trails may elect to run.
• New participants (and parents) have been to Dryer Road Park in advance and ridden around enough to know which class (Fields/Pump Track, Green, Blue, or Black) of trails they are comfortable riding.
• Everyone signs GROC's liability waiver.
• Kids and parents come with a quality mountain bike in good working order and a helmet.
• Keep a good attitude, encourage each other, pedal hard and have fun!