Hey all, welcome to our all hands on deck meetup.
On this meetup we will get things going and working on our RaceRacer aka Space Raiders game
title: Space Raiders (or whatever you want)
Genre: Infinite racer
Concept: Avoid obstacles and get highest point in a fast pace, mind blowing space theme game.
THIS IS AN ALL HANDS ON DECK:
- Make sure to bring your computers to get your modeling, developing, or other done.
- Make sure you have Unity 3D installed 2018 or later will do
- If 3d modeling, make sure you have the software installed and able to export as FBX.
- Developing/Programming - Visual Studio IDE, or CODE will do the job
- Sketchbooks if you want to draw concepts
- Notebooks if you want to write down additional game mechanics/extras/story, etc.
- Whatever else you think will help you with the project.
Game Development approach for this meetup:
-Developers will code and make gameplay choices
-Modelers will make awesome assets (ships, buildings, obstacles, etc)
-Designers can come up with game sounds and ideas to expand upon
-Level Designer will show off their map skillz and make concept race tracks
We will use this opportunity to allow everyone to use their skills to get things rocking.
Lets jam things out!
See ya then.
Transport & Parking: http://www.cpcc.edu/campuses/central/images/central-map
Lot #5 IS free visitor parking!
Lot #2 has visitor parking on the lower levels for free *IF* you call Non-emergency Security[masked] to let them know you are parking there without a visitor parking decal/sticker.