Local Warhammer 40,000 Apocalypse Gaming group Apoc-Eclipse (http://www.apoc-eclipse.com/) is hosting their next Megabattle at Game Theory!
WARGAMING SO BIG IT WILL BLOCK OUT THE SUN!
Saturday May 22, 2010 from 10 a.m. until its over (typically early/mid evening timeframe)
1. The theme is Imperial Forces vs. Chaos Forces. Other armies can participate, and will be sided based on balance needs and other factors (but we strongly suggest sticking to Imperial or Chaos - including Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Inquisition forces; Chaos Marines, Traitor Guard, Daemons).
2a. Unlimited Points allowed.
2b. If you bring more than 3,000 points you will be required to use movement trays for your infantry models to speed up the movement phases. Anything from basic foam-core trays to War of the Ring trays to custom-cut trays will work.
3. Miniatures MUST BE PAINTED. Nothing fancy, just a couple colors on the model and based.
4. Miniatures must by WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) - there is simply "too much" going on to have to remember proxies.
5. Players must pre-declare any formations, legendary units, super heavies/gargantuans, flyers, custom-built units/formations/characters, and any other non-standard 40k things in advance. Players must also declare an approximate point total about a week prior to the event.
6a. Starts at 10 a.m. SHARP.
6b. Ends when it Ends...
7. No fee for the game, but plan to bring some $$ to pay for food (typically we cater the event for $10 per person). Supporting Game Theory with a purchase (or seven) would also be nice. ;-)
Questions? Head over to www.apoc-eclipse.com for details, and feel free to email Matt Jorgenson at farseerixirvost-at-gmail-dot-com. I will also set-up a discussion thread on the Game Theory Meet Up page where folks can ask questions, get things clarified, declare any special units/formations, and generally "talk smack" if need be.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?!?