addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Game Theory Message Board › Warhammer 40k Apocalypse on May 22 Discussion Thread

Warhammer 40k Apocalypse on May 22 Discussion Thread

Matt J.
user 11659809
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 8
This discussion thread will deal with the upcoming Warhammer 40,000 Apocalypse game scheduled for May 22 at Game Theory. The primary intent of this thread is for the following (but is not limited to the following):

• ASK QUESTIONS.
  • Declare what side of the conflict you will be playing on, or what army you will be playing.
  • Declare any super heavy vehicles, gargantuan creatures, flyers, legendary formations, home-made vehicles/characters/formations, and etc. you will be using.
  • Declare your approximate point total (within about 500 points)
  • Talk Smack!
  • For the organizers to post additional details not covered in the main Meet Up event page (such as food)

And Spectators are ALWAYS Welcome to come see Wargaming So Big It Will Block Out The Sun! biggrin
Matt J.
user 11659809
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 9
Matt Jorgenson here. AKA MJ;-)

I will be playing on the side of Chaos with a primarily Deathguard/Nurgle Themed force.

I will bring at least 5,000 points (with a more accurate point total TBD closer to the event).

I will be fielding the following:

• Mortarion (datasheet here - left pane, click on "Data Sheets")
  • Typhus
  • Mabras (home-made Special Character)
  • Plague Reaper Super Heavy Tank
  • (Chaos) Armored Spearhead
  • (Chaos) Linebreaker Squadron (or variant using Predators)

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!!

MJ;-)
A former member
Post #: 1
I'll be there! I'll be bringing my Chaos models (both Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Daemons).

Check out our custom data sheets here.

I'll have:

• Pleasurelord
  • Behemoths
  • Daemon Primarch Magnus
  • M'Kachan (special character Daemon Prince)
  • Warlord, Reaver, and Warhound Titans
  • Antiquated Baneblade
  • Some more, to be sure...

Matt P (not MJ)
A former member
I'm in with my Space Marines. (Silver Skulls)

I'll have:
Approx. 7,500 pts including:

• Battle Company
  • Thunderhawk

On this 22nd, chaos will be stopped and the traitor marines purged!
A former member
Post #: 2
Please check our web page for more info:

http://www.apoc-eclip...­

Matt
Matt J.
user 11659809
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 10
Garrick, what do you proxy with?

Also, if you're very interested, we may be able to work out some loaner models or something 'crafty'.

MJ;-)
Robert
user 12012699
Wake Forest, NC
I'll be there with my ever growing Ultra Marine army. I'll have a point total later but it won't be too much more then what I brought last time including, 1 Shadow Sword, 3 x Reaver titans.

Robert A.
A former member
Post #: 3
i play ultra-marines
but i can't play in this cus i proxy

Yeah, proxies are tough. We stick to WYSIWYG because it is so busy at one of these games that you have to be able to look across the table and know what you are shooting at (or at least know that you don't know what you're shooting at).

As Matt J said, we have plenty to loan out. In my situation I have a badly injured back and will be spending the game directing my models from the sidelines, so would be happy to lend some out. Let us know if you are interested.

Thanks!

Matt P
Greg J.
user 12037747
Raleigh, NC
Would it be ok for a noob to come and watch and maybe try a game?
A former member
Greg,

Spectators are certainly welcome, as are new players.

As for "trying out" a game, be aware of the commitment involved - see below.

Garrick,

Its one huge team game, and I do mean huge.

We'll be on a 6'x20' table and expect to be very crowded for space. I'm aware of several people who intend to show that haven't replied here yet. I anticipate ten players running 5,000+ pts each.

As soon as they open the store doors in the morning we'll rush in and start setting up terrain and figures. Each player turn will be timed with 45 to 60 minutes allowed. We hope to get in more than four complete turns. But, with game turns lasting approx. 2 hours each and a small break for lunch, a full six turns is unlikely (but a goal to shoot for). I'm guessing we'll target ending the game about 10pm so we'll have time to pack up the figures, take down the tables, and brag about our accomplishments.

In summary, one big game running all day and not a moment of boredom.