The GP Team is traveling through Central America to the beautiful country of Honduras! Join us on an adventure of a lifetime; to volunteer with a large orphanage in the heart of the mountains and build GP systems to create a more sustainable food system for the community!
Currently, food supply within the village is unstable. People are living in poverty and could use more nutrition. The communities require new systems, skills, and tools to enable a more sustainable way of growing food, and in turn create a better quality of life for all. Sustainable agriculture practices could improve the quality and yield of the food they grow.
Friday, March 17th
• Night 1 - We will fly overnight from Phoenix to Houston together.
Saturday, March 18th
• Day 1 - We will fly together from Houston into San Pedro Sula, Honduras. Dennis will greet you at the airport in Honduras and we will travel to our lodging.
• Night 2 - We will get settled in to our lodging.
Sunday, March 19th
• Day 2 - We will travel to the village Yoro in the morning to begin work on the Aquaponics system during the day.
• Night 3 - Begin classwork in the evening.
Monday, March 20th
• Day 3 - Return to the site in the morning to continue work during the day.
• Night 4 - Finish classwork in the evening.
Tuesday, March 21st
• Day 4 - Return to the site in the morning and finish the Aquaponics system.
• Night 5 - Rest.
Wednesday, March 22nd
• Day 5 - Day at the Beach in Honduras!
• Night 6 - We will pack up and rest.
Thursday, March 23rd
• Day 6 - We will travel to the airport in San Pedro Sula, Honduras and fly to Houston.
• Night 7 - Return to Phoenix!
This is an all-expense-paid trip (travel, lodging, & food), but bring the following:
• Clothes & Toiletries
• Bug Repellent
• Beach Towel
• Cash for souvenirs!
• Bring $75 Cash for traveler's visa
• Donations for Orphans (optional)
If you have any questions about travel, accommodations, or the trip in general, please call Garden Pool at[masked]
*You must RSVP by February 20th for current rates.*
Discounts are available for current or past GP Interns, GP Designer alumni, and Couples. Call[masked] for discounted rates if you qualify.
To donate to Garden Pool, go here:
To volunteer with Garden Pool, go here:
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.