Based in the growing town of Garner North Carolina - we ride for fun, camaraderie, and to occasionally host animal charity events.
It is our goal to create an inclusive and diverse group where you don't have to be a "hard core" road biker to join in a ride. Our weekly rides will range between 10-15 miles and typically take 60 to 80 minutes.
Anyone interested in road cycling with a group is welcome to join us for a ride. It helps if you like to have adult beverages after the ride, because we do!
Now to get all legal-like... rules to keep in mind when riding with us:
1. Wear a helmet, its just poor form not to wear one.
2. We adhere to a No Drop policy on our weekday evening group rides. A designated ride "Sweeper" will stop at turns to make sure slower riders stay on course and be sure that anyone having trouble gets assistance. This does not mean that someone will ride beside you the entire time. Please make sure you can average a pace of 10 to 15 mph or greater when coming out to one of these rides. Please note our routes may include hills. A ride "Leader" will lead the way and direct the group around and obstacles.
3. You are responsible for bringing your ID, bike gear, bike parts, bike tools etc, and any food and hydration you require. Our rides do not have a rest stop (until the end when the pints are served!)
4. For safety, the following things are discouraged during a group ride: ear buds or headphones, using a cell phone while on the bike, touching another rider without their express permission, overlapping tires when in single file,
5. By signing up for messages regarding our rides, and coming to a ride with us, you acknowledge that road cycling is inherently dangerous, and that Beer. Dog. Bike and their representatives are not responsible for your safety on the road. We plan our routes to try to avoid traffic and road hazards and optimize pleasant cruising time, however there are no guarantees when you are riding. Beer. Dog. Bike and our Ride Leaders cannot be held liable for your safety on a group ride.