Location visible to members
This is a chance at learning how to build a raised bed and sheet mulching by doing it. We could build it alone, but would like to give others the opportunity to participate at whatever level they would like.
- You'll gain more skills in using tools for constructing most low-tech projects.
- Preparing the sheet mulch and layering is part of this event.
- Chance to meet others in the group!
The raised beds are a component within an overall design - the intention is to build community, create a place for growing all sorts of edibles, bird and pollinator attractant, provide some privacy from the road (noise).
This is potluck event with BBQ. We found it handy to post what you are bringing below, that way we can all coordinate.
Tools to bring if you can:
hammer, drill, shovel, measuring tape
Requested: another wheelbarrow if possible.
Safety: don't forget gloves and possibly kneepads.
Plus if you have a window you would like to make a coldframe, this would be a great chance to view the two coldframes already built on this property and discuss or create your design.
Additionally, there are other projects on the site that may interest you:
- 250 gallon water collection system
- Shitake and Oyster mushroom growing beds
- Solar power system (2 panel)