I’d like to invite you to a friendly and inclusive LGBTQ+ group of people who love speaking French and discover interesting things about la Francophonie. During this pandemic, we only meet ONLINE but then we shall go back to face-to-face! We meet usually on the 1st Fri (at 18:00) and the 3rd Sat (at 17:00) of each month via Zoom. We are a friendly and inclusive group (old, young, black, tall, short etc). We welcome and respect anyone and expect you to be the same.
We have a good mix of native and non-native French speakers who enjoy sharing their passion for the French language and francophone cultures. The only language spoken in the group is French, therefore you will experience a full immersion. We don’t teach French; we speak it and allow you to practice / improve it. Therefore, this group is Not suitable for beginners.
Each event lasts 140 min with a 10 min break. We start with an intro, little discussion in small groups and then we start our professionally prepared quiz. The quiz is based on a specific topic which is explained in the invitation.
For privacy and security considerations for all of our members, all new membership requests will need to be pre-approved before anyone can have access to the contents posted in this group. Ensure you allow emails from Meetup.
You will need to pre-book 2 events upon joining so that you can try the group. After that, you will send a contribution of £3 for each event you like to attend. You can send it via Paypal / REVOLUT / Monzo
From time to time, I send members a private message, especially when they do not attend events for months.
The Reservation / Cancellation Process
- You need to RSVP (reserve) if you want to attend an event.
- If the day of the event you can no longer attend, you can cancel your reservation
- Anyone cancelling after 12 or not cancelling and not turning up to the event, will be marked as No Show. It takes a few seconds to cancel an event and it is really rude not do to it!
- If you get 3 No Shows, you will be removed from the group as we do not like rude people.
- I am happy to make exceptions to this rule if there are real emergencies and if you let me know.
If you are not receiving emails or do not know how to use MeetUp please check with Meetup support; they are very helpful.
If you managed to read all this, we want you in our group 😋