Bringing you a SOCIAL CLUB ( https://www.meetup.com/the-social-club/ ) initiative - GEEK COLLECTIVE. This is a group for all things 'Pop-culture' from Movies to Games to Books and everything in between.
Who should join GEEK COLLECTIVE?
We're looking for quality over quantity so please join the group ONLY IF you couldn't help but smile while reading through the list below: 1. You are passionate about Movies - the kind where you argue for days on why the old Star Wars movies are better than the new Star Wars movies. 2. You love Books - the kind where you cried for days when Dumbledore died (oops, spoiler) 3. You adore everything Anime - right from Death Note to movies by Makoto Shinkai 4. You like combining activities - like Scrabble and alcohol or forced Cosplaying at Comic-Con
What does GEEK COLLECTIVE do?
• We organise social gatherings on weekdays after work and on weekends.
• Our events are planned keeping in mind, people with different interests. Our activities range include movie nights, board games, pop quiz, themed brunches among others.
What do you need to know before you join GEEK COLLECTIVE?
• When sending a membership request, we request you to add a brief introduction. We also appreciate if you have a profile picture added. Any request with insufficient information or inappropriate profile pictures would be declined.
• When you RSVP for any event, please be considerate as the organisers need to make arrangements based on the number of people confirmed. Members who RSVP but don't show up at events will be removed from the group.
• We organise events so that people get to connect in person and meet new people in the real world. So, please avoid sending messages to other members whom you haven't met already. If the organisers are reported of such messages being sent out, the member would be banned from the group.
• We are very EXCLUSIVE. We try to maintain a balance of genders for all our meetups. So, at times, regretfully, we will be unable to allow you to attend an event. Thank you in advance for understanding.
Thank you, we hope you have a good time connecting with like-minded geeks here!