addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Geek Girl Meetup Message Board Meetup Group Related Topics › New Members please read - group information

New Members please read - group information

Allison
user 14417133
London, ON
Post #: 3
Hi everyone, welcome to our group.

This is a group for women nerds, to join you should identify as a women and a nerd, if you answered yes to both you're in! The focus of this group is to meet new people, make new friends and get out of your regular routine. We like to try new things that are in line with what our interests are, there are lots of nerdy things out there to do.

Meetup works when everyone post things they want to do. If you have something you want to go to or try, put up the event and see what happens. Try to be as specific as possible so people know what they are getting into in advance, the more details you plan the better.

We try to cover all kinds of nerdy interest, but if you don't see your particular interest covered that doesn't mean we aren't the group for you. Please feel free to join and start having Meetups for whatever your interested in, I'm sure others will come out!

We look forward to seeing you at an event soon,

The Organizers.

Bianca
user 71498372
Oshawa, ON
Post #: 2
What kinds of things are you ladies into? As there's a lot of things to be nerdy about :P The more we know about members the more we can plan interesting events!

To start the list:

Anime/Manga
Cosplay
Science Fiction
Fantasy
Reading
Video games
Table top games
Computers
Technology
Science nerds in general

What else?
Bianca
user 71498372
Oshawa, ON
Post #: 3
Oooo transportation too. I'm a huge public transit nerd.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey look, there's a discussion section! Spiffy.

Allison, I like your new description of the group's aims and encouragement for everyone to jump in with whatever they'd like.

As for all of our geeky interests, here's my list:
Trivia
Literature
History
Linguistics
Typography
Maps
Doctor Who (not really a sci-fi person, but I make exceptions for the Doctor!)
Board Games
A former member
Post #: 1
I am very excited to be a part of this group :) I work a lot, but I hope to make it to as many meetings as possible. I am getting more into graphic novels and comics now, I played Magic in high school and it would be cool to play again and I'd love to try D&D too. I am not very Tech Savvy or anything. I don't have cable or internet at home and I'm considering getting a home phone too. I like kicking it old school :) I don't drive either, so I am always busing, walking or riding my bike. I love the outdoors!

I LOVE:

Video Games
Board and Card Games
Zombie Culture (but not The Walking Dead)
Wes Anderson
Horror Movies
John Hughes
Tank Girl
Hack/Slash
Joss Whedon
Sci-Fi
Fantasy
Neil Gaiman (I need to read the Sandman series!)

I'm a pretty subtle "geek" looking to get "geekier"

:)