addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Geek Nite Out Message Board General Discussion › Marvel Vs. DC

Marvel Vs. DC

A former member
Post #: 9
Because Zach and I will never settle this -

Which side are you on - Marvel - DC - Dark Horse - Top Cow.

Zach
user 17004841
Indian Head, MD
Post #: 3
DC all the way. At least in terms of comics and cartoons. Marvel has the edge in movies...for now.
A former member
Post #: 10
Also confirmed Wanted was Top Cow - I was pretty sure it was too good to be DC.

Also - Marvel all the way, Dark Horse is a close second, with Top Cow bringing up the rear.
Zach
user 17004841
Indian Head, MD
Post #: 4
Really, Carrie? You're putting DC below Top Cow? Or am I misinterpreting your comment?

As for Dark Horse, besides Hellboy I'm not that impressed. They generally have TV/movie stuff right? Like Buffy and Battlestar Galactica?
A former member
Post #: 1
RE: Dark Horse- I have four words to say: Blade Of The Immortal, it's a great b&w manga about Samurai and features good story lines and absolutely incredible art.

Marvel vs DC- I grew up collecting Marvel titles (mainly spiderman)- fell off the comic book collecting for several years, then, discovered Fantagraphics and Los Bros. Hernandez' Love And Rockets (and related titles) and re-entered comic book collecting for a few years, only to stop again a few years ago. Mainly, because I no longer have any comic shops w/in walking distance of where I live, and the only one I know of, as far as I'm concerned is on the ass-end of the universe.

For my money, Oni Press and Image should also be included the discussion: Hopeless Savages? c'mon good stuff.
A former member
Post #: 12
Oni Press - have not actually had the pleasure to peruse them Steve aside from Courtney Crumrin. I would be happy to add them and I sadly forgot Image - that was a oops on my part.

Zach - I mean if it came down to it, I'm reading a Tank Girl or a Hellboy - way before I'm reading DC (excluding Batman and Green Arrow.) And what can I say I like Witchblade but I'll revise my answer to put DC in third -
Zach
user 17004841
Indian Head, MD
Post #: 5
I would suggest that both of you check out the DC team books most notably the Grant Morrison run of "JLA" and the James Robinson/Geoff Johns run of "JSA."

All the epic galaxy spanning heroism of "X-Men," except no multi page deviations of Cyclops crying over Jean Grey.
A former member
Post #: 13
I mean - the last time you told me to read something it didn't necessarily go over well...

I heard Grant Morrison is an amazing writer - I just haven't gotten to reading him.
A former member
Post #: 2
zach, that would require me travelling to the ass end of the universe and i don't have a towel.
Zach
user 17004841
Indian Head, MD
Post #: 6
Carrie, I'm starting to think that you just have terrible taste.

Steve, they can be found at any comic book store or Amazon.