addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Geek Nite Out Message Board Book Discussion › Books we will NEVER read for book club

Books we will NEVER read for book club

A former member
Post #: 24
Please - feel free to add.

50 Shades of Grey - based on principle
Twilight - see above
Harry Potter - everyone has already read this, and I really don't feel like reading a kids book.
A former member
Post #: 18
Nothing to add except I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement.
Yoon
user 6322521
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 3
But if you DO decide to add 50 Shades of Grey, they were selling them at Costco. Which I find disturbing on many, many levels.

A former member
Post #: 1
So I will own up to reading the twilight books, ( I was in high school... and bored) and I figured when thirty of my friends were raving about 50 Shades of Grey I would give it a try. And agree that no one should ever discuss these books other than warn others to stay away.

However young adult books are sometimes a good read. I like to see what people are peddling at the youth, what I may want to have my future children read. I also like some of the themes and the characters more than adult books, I feel they can get away with more imagination than some adult books. Like Scott Westerfield's take on vampires. The book is called Peeps, I would recommend anyone with a free afternoon to read it. It's not bad. He also has some awesome steampunk novels.