To bring more variety to these events, I'm going to be chatting to the owners of Old Market Tavern in hopes that we can now take our little social group over there. There would be more space than the crowded corridor of King William Ale House and hopefully more "randomers" might actually join in and become a GeekOut member.
Speaking of variety then, we'll have missed May the Fourth. Sorry about that. Instead on May the Eighth, I say we make another effort to out-geek the world (or at least Bristol) once more!
Bring yourselves and some friends and let's GeekOut together.
• "New" venue! (Truth is, we've been there a few times before. Not nearly enough, though.)
• Plenty of board games!
• Card games (Bring yours along!)
• RPG (Does someone want to run an RPG at this meet? If not, I'll run one between 7pm to 9pm.)
• How's about some Cosplay up in this place? Let's the venue know what it's getting itself in for!
• Got other things you'd like to see in a GeekOut meetup? Bring it along. Contribute! :)
• Competition: For the chance to win £20, bring along the geekiest music you have heard... and fight its corner for why it is the geekiest thing you can listen to. Is it a game sound track? Is it static noise? Is it adorable little robots or fluffy unicorns? No entry fee required. 10pm+
So please do come along and let's make this one heck of a GeekOut South-West meetup!
No plans for pre-food, although the venue does do meals. I reckon I would eat out there too, so if you're able to join us from 5:30pm, let's EatOut together-- Oh sorry, that's another social group. Let's GeekOut the food! Taken from their website:
We serve Evening meals Monday - Friday 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Please note: The venue ISN'T finalised yet. If we get the go-ahead, I'll update you all - but if we get told this venue isn't for us, then we'll go back to King William Ale House.
If you have ideas for other venues too ((please consider our vast growth in size)), then please send them to me at [masked] and let's work together in making our events bigger and better than ever before!
EDIT: If parking is a concern, try around St. Matthias Park - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/St+Matthias+Park,+Bristolemail@example.com,-2.5833221,19z/data=!3m1!4b1 I believe there is an NCP around there. If people can confirm this for us, that'd be grand!
http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/old_market_st_bristol/ This is also good to find parking :)