addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Geekspace Gwinnett Message Board › What kinds of things are you interested in pursuing with Geekspace Gwinnett?

What kinds of things are you interested in pursuing with Geekspace Gwinnett?

Steve
jhereg
Denver, CO
Post #: 103
We are trying to plan the space and need to know what kinds of areas to work on first so please let us know what you want to make, build, teach, learn or invent! Do you have any kind of project deadline associated with what you want to work on, project submission date or contest deadline?
Steve
jhereg
Denver, CO
Post #: 104
I'm interested in woodworking, electronics, microcontrollers and robotics. I will probably be teaching some classes in basic electronics, microcontrollers and holding Raspberry Pi Jams in the future.
Brad N.
ATLHivemind
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 11
Woodworking and automation and network integration of automation gear.
Joe R.
user 8018925
Lawrenceville, GA
Post #: 4
I have a few projects in mind that require some electronics, woodworking, and metalworking. After those I'm mostly interested in mechanics, and would like to work on some mechanical art projects.
A former member
Post #: 2
im more of a crafting person so ill be into sewing and messy but not heavy machinery type of stuff- the heaviest equipment ive hauled out to work on stuff is the hammer for grommet-ting or leather stamping and a hand drill or hand jigsaw and sander for connecting pieces... it would be nice to use the woodworking equipment to get straighter lines and build more flat pack camping furniture... but these are things im already doing... i am willing to bring this equipment with me to share since i didnt see it listed in the poll....

but i really wanted to learn more about electronics and building them from this group.....
Luke C. Ruppersbur...
user 113255262
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
I, personally, am interested in electronics, 3d printing, and really anything having to do with automated fabrication. I'm also interested in chemistry, and have a little bit of glassware I could donate (not much, only maybe $200 or $300 worth, but it's something). I'm not particularly interested in woodworking (well, I AM interested, I'm just not as passionate about it as I am about, say, 3d printing), but I feel like it would be silly to not have a woodworking room. We're going to have to outfit a whole space, and we're going to need furniture. For some stuff like tables and chairs we can use whatever, but there will be situations where we could build specific things for half the price and with twice the quality, and a design that precisely meets our needs.
Steve
jhereg
Denver, CO
Post #: 105
Luke - thanks for mentioning the chemistry glassware. I ran out of space before I got to the Science equipment category so I'm glad you mentioned it here. If anyone else has any responses to the polls that don't fit please mention them here and I'll update the polls with new categories if I can. I've added a new one to the equipment poll (have none) and to the membership fee poll (STEM Student Membership) since I forgot the first time around. Please keep the feedback coming this will help to determine the direction and somewhat the order of our buildout when we get a space.