GABA is a member-driven non-profit organization that fosters transatlantic knowledge-sharing and networking among German-American and Californian business and tech communities. GABA is dedicated to encouraging German-American business and trade.
Our programs address critical business, technical and leadership issues, with different industry groups providing specific resources and exchange.
Learn about comprehensive strategies for your short-term or long-term stay in the United States. Whether you are new to the U.S. or have been here for many years, whether your stay is temporary or permanent, you should know the answers to questions such as: - What are the options for obtaining or changing visas?
- How to qualify for and maintain a green card and permanent residence status?
- Who can become a U.S. citizen, and what are the pros and cons?
- What are the tax obligations for visa holders in the U.S.?
- How to avoid unpleasant tax surprises when moving to the US?
- What are the tax implications of becoming a permanent resident or U.S. citizen?
- What are the new 2015 European Inheritance Regulations?
- What exposure to legal liability do individuals and businesses have under U.S. Law?
- How can individuals and businesses avoid liability risks in the U.S.?
- What are the risks individuals and businesses face when involved in litigation in the U.S.? During the presentations and the following Question and Answer session with the audience, our panel of experts on immigration law, taxes, and liability risks will provide answers and comprehensive strategies regarding these questions.
Don't miss this unique networking experience and the opportunity to share invaluable knowledge and learn key strategies for success.
Joerg Kemkes, Managing Director at Rueter Partner Steuerberatungsgesellschaft mbH
Kristin Maeckel, CPA Partner at Habif, Arogeti & Wynne LLP
Cheryl Leydon, CPA Tax Senior Manager at Habif, Arogeti & Wynne LLC
Gregory Wald, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP
6:00 - 6:30 pm Registration / Networking Reception
6:30 - 8:00 pm Program
8:00 - 9:00 pm Networking
Complimentary appetizers, beer, wine and soft drinks will be served.
Special end of the year promotion! FREE registration for all new and existing members during Early Bird registration!
Early Bid until October 27th: Free!-Members, $20 Non-Members
Regular: $20 Members, $25 Non-Members
Day of Event: $30
For more information and registration please visit: