This Course is the second in a three part series based upon A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life (Bodhisattvacharya Avatara) by Master Shantideva (700 AD), and the commentary Entry Point for Children of the Victorious Buddhas (Gyalse Juk-ngok) by Gyaltsab Je [masked]).
* an explanation of the perfection of patience
* the perfection of joyful effort
* the perfection of meditative concentration;
* the results of anger;
* how to make a habit of not getting angry;
* how joyous effort supports the other five perfections;
* obstacles to joyous effort;
* obstacles to meditation;
* how selfishness produces pain;
* reasons to treat others as well as yourself;
* the source of all the world's pain;
* compassion as a prerequisite for successful meditative concentration;
* meditation as a prerequisite for wisdom;
* where you, your world, and all of your experiences come from;
* and Buddha nature.
Drop in's welcome!
Instructor: Sherri Kajiwara.
Jan. 7th-April 1st.
debate classes are Feb. 11th and April 1st, no class March 5th.