WTF Night for Women, Trans, Femme cyclists looking for support, knowledge, and friendship!
1) Foster a positive girl culture founded in third wave and modern feminism.
2) Use bicycles responsibly as a vehicle for joy, transportation, and well-being.
3) Promote knowledge of bicycle maintenance and repair as a means of empowerment and self efficacy.
4) Become mechanics over time through error, research, and evolution.
5) Volunteer and give back to the community through what we've learned.
My name is Jill, and I'll be leading the group until we have enough momentum and feedback to begin with other leaders. I moved to Seattle from Iowa, and in my free time I am sometimes a school teacher, graduate student, and performer. I have raced road, mountain, and gravel very slowly, and I've been car-free in Iowa winters. I have worked as a volunteer in the Iowa City bicycle community behind Gravel Scouts and Rad Tour for seven years. Because education is my greatest passion, and bicycles likely second, I know that we all need a place to exercise this free of judgement, and with similar goals.
Please ask me if you'd like to lead a group, if you have any feedback, or if you just wanna be like "HayyyyYyyYy".
I am making McKenna teach me how to jump curbs, bunny hop, lift the back wheel, and be fancy. Join us.
We'll get jazzed on some morning beverages and hit a park for a soft place to practice. We'll go for a cool off ride and possibly brunch after.