This HTML5/CSS3 course runs for four Wednesday classes from
6:30pm to 8:30pm:
- July 17th @ Mad Pow
- July 24th @ Mad Pow
- July 31st @ Verrill Dana, LLP
- August 7th @ Verrill Dana, LLP
The fee covers all four classes. Class topics build on each other - please ensure you are able to attend all sessions.
About This Class:
To get the most out of this class, you should have a working knowledge of basic HTML and CSS. You may have taken Intro to HTML through Girl Develop It, or maybe you have built a site for fun.
HTML/CSS Knowledge Requirements:
To help you gauge whether or not this class is a good fit given your current skill set, you must take this mandatory quiz. Anything better than 70% should allow you to follow along in the class. A review will be provided before we start the new material and you can view the material from our class on our website (look under the "Intermediate HTML"). If you have additional questions, feel free to post them below.
- A modern laptop bought within the last 5 years (Note: a netbook or tablet is NOT a substitute!)
- Google Chrome installed (or Firefox is ok)
- A text editor installed. We recommend Sublime Text 2 (It's free and available for both Mac and PC).
The course will be taught by Laura Vecchio, a Rich Application Developer at Bose (http://www.lauravecchio.com).
TA's: If you're interested in helping out as a Teaching Assistant, please let us know. We would love to have at least two TA's for this course!
Location: The first half of the series will be held at Mad Pow, and the second half will be held at Verrill Dana. When you arrive at either location, check in at the front desk (bring an ID).
- Mad Pow is located near South Station or Chinatown @ 179 Lincoln St, Boston, MA 02111. After 6pm, please enter from the FRONT of the building, located in Surface Artery Road, because the door in the BACK will be locked.
- Verrill Dana is located near Government Center, State St or Chinatown @1 Boston Place, Boston, MA 02108.
How to get to Mad Pow: