Sketch is a lightweight, modern, and powerful vector design software from Bohemian Coding. It is easy to learn, costs a fraction of the price of Photoshop and is quickly becoming the industry go-to. Sketch is perfect for designing on multiple devices and delivering assets quickly.
In this class, we'll go through the basics of Sketch and learn how to create designs for web and mobile applications by completing simple exercises. We'll cover getting started in Sketch, working with artboards, creating symbols, designing with UI kits, exporting screens and using plugins to get you designing quicker and more efficiently.
Sketch has generously donated TWO licenses which we will be raffling off at the end of the class!
Who should take this class?
This class is recommended for designers, developers and anyone who wants to learn how to use Sketch to create beautiful deliverables!
All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct.
• Basic understanding of Sketch and how to navigate around its interface
• Best practices, tips and resources
• The tools to begin creating professional-looking designs for web and mobile applications
Pre-reqs & Preparation
You do not need any prior experience with Sketch. Just come with a desire to learn and the following tools:
• Laptop & charger - Mac OS X 10.10+
• Note that Sketch is for Mac only
• Sketch installed on your computer. If you do not currently have Sketch on your computer, you can buy it for $99 or download a free 14-day trial here. (Note: If you are using the free trial, please do not install Sketch until the day before or the day of class to make sure you get the most out of your free trial!)
The class will take place on Tuesday, December 13th from 6:30-9pm.
Jamie Lee Connor
Jamie works as a Senior UX Designer on the Product Management team at Epsilon, a global leader in data-driven marketing. She spends her time creating, testing and iterating on prototypes with the goal of building intuitive and easy to use products. Jamie has a background in front-end development and visual design, and she enjoys continuously learning and sharing her passion for design with others.
LinkedIn | Twitter
A huge thank you to our sponsor, District Hall, for hosting this event!
District Hall is located at:
75 Northern Avenue
Assembly Bay 1
Boston, MA 02210
View Google Map
Interested in hosting classes? Email us at boston[at]girldevelopit.com!
Where to park
Paid parking is available next to District Hall.
Interested in discovering events like this, classes, workshops, giveaways, volunteer opportunities, and more? Sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Get to know your GDI Boston community — join us on Slack!