Join us for our first workshop on D3 taught by Michael Kelly!
If the idea of turning data into shapes and making shapes fly around the screen seems like fun, you’re going to love D3. Here’s what we’re going to cover.
• Data Visualization: A brief history of left-brained artists
• D3 & SVG: When a huge nerd and scalable vector graphics collided
• Formatting Data: This’ll just take a minute -or- where did the last 4 hours of my life go?
• Binding Data & Inserting Elements: Not as dirty as it sounds!
• Data-Driven Attributes and Styles: Test driving your new data driven document
• Transitions: More ooohhhs and aaahhhs than a blink-tag in 1989
• Interaction: We start with mouseovers, then we take over the world! (with worldovers? is that in the spec? can we do that?)
• Your laptop and charger.
• Wifi & power strips will be provided
Simple Energy's new awesome space
1215 Spruce Street 3rd floor
Boulder, CO 80301
This is a donation based workshop; all money goes back to the chapter to for scholarships & to host more workshops and events!
There are several parking lots and structures located throughout the downtown Boulder area. Street parking is also available.
We're here to help! If you have additional questions or would like to talk further before signing up for a workshop, please contact Cara Jo Miller and Kate Bierbaum (email@example.com).
This workshop is generously hosted by Simple Energy (http://simpleenergy.com/). Simple Energy offers space for all GDI members to use in their office during business hours! Just stop by the office any time, ring the bell, say you're with GDI and you have access to the office space for the day! Thanks to Simple Energy for providing productivity and coffee to all GDI members. <3
NOTE: If we have less than 5 people signed up for this workshop up to a week before the starting date, it will be postponed for a later date.