This event was canceled
Location visible to members
Not sure what web development means?
Want to build a cool website, but can’t decide what language to use?
Tired of techies throwing around acronyms that make your head spin?
In this class, we will walk through the fundamentals of web development in layman terms. We won't be writing code, this is intended as a lecture to take you through various components of the web and how they work together.
Date: Monday, June 15, 6:30–8:30 p.m.
Location: Cerner Innovation Campus
10236 Marion Park Drive, Kansas City, MO .
If you want to learn how to communicate better with your technical team or friends, this course is for you. Topics include but are not limited to:
• What is a web stack?
• What's the difference between web development and web design?
• Where are web site files generally stored?
• What is the difference between a client and a server? Which programming languages are compiled on a server and which are compiled in a web browser?
• What do you need to know before building a web site? What language should you use and what are the differences?
• What tools do you need to develop a web site?
• Who does what on a typical web development team?
• What is the Cloud?
This class is for people with little to no technical experience. Bring a notepad, tablet or laptop to take notes and come prepared with questions.
Many thanks to our sponsor Cerner (http://engineering.cerner.com/) for the wonderful space.
We expect all participants of our events to follow our code of conduct (http://girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct).