There will optional time for setup at 12:30pm.
The class will start at 1pm.
Nordstromrack.com | HauteLook
While driving, head south on S Flower St and park in the Joe’s Auto Parks parking lot between 7th and 8th street. (There are many lots in the area. That one is one of the least expensive and close to the building.)
Walk north to 7th street and head east on 7th street to the main entrance to the BLoc (formerly known as Macy’s Plaza). Facing the center courtyard, proceed to the office building on your right. Enter through the first set of double glass doors.
Check in with the security person behind the counter. They should be wearing a black uniformed shift. They will direct you to the correct elevator. (Note: The elevators are computer controlled. If you follow someone into a random elevator you will almost certainly not go to the NRHL floors.)
We are going to be on 16th floor and follow the signs.
Knowing basic SQL is an important skill for everyone, not just data analysts. If you use Excel, you can quickly learn SQL. Come learn how! We’re hosting a course to teach beginner SQL.
If you’re in product management, design, marketing, sales, or customer support, SQL will help you understand your customer data. It can be career changing. Bring your laptop, this will be a hands-on course!
No prerequisites required.
• Background: What is SQL and how do databases work
• Getting Setup: How to connect to a database
• Basic Queries: Learn to use SELECT, FROM, WHERE, ORDER BY, and LIMIT.
• Intermediate Queries: Learn about GROUP BY, aggregate functions, and JOIN
• Next Steps: How to learn more and bring this into your day to day work.
This is a great first coding class. There are NO prerequisites, so come one, come all! Get your feet wet with a little code.
Details coming soon!
What to Bring:
Please bring a laptop (or borrow one, see below!)* and charger to class. Power outlets and wifi will be provided. You may also wish to bring a notepad and pen/pencil for taking notes.
* No laptop? We have a limited number of laptops we can loan to students during class. Please fill out our Laptop Request form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-HHF9IB2VlYVRivz5Zn7LwkjQAYkJLZsuW0YM4hh60U/viewform) to let us know you need to borrow one!
Food is provided.
if you are unable to pay for this class please fill out our
Scholarship Form (https://goo.gl/forms/ChgjqHSfvP2ILQJX2)
or email losangeles [at] girldevelopit dot com
We're here to help! If you have additional questions or would like to talk further before signing up for a class, please contact us at losangeles [at] girldevelopit dot com.
Our events are women-inclusive, not women-exclusive. Anyone is welcome to attend our events and classes. All attendees are expected to abide by the
Girl Develop It Code of Conduct. (https://www.girldevelopit.com/code-of-conduct)