Join our quarterly meetup to get started on your very first data science project. We'll brainstorm ideas, data sets, modeling approaches, ask if we're looking for partners to collaborate with, and help each other out by sharing resources and asking/answering questions. Bring your laptop, a smile, and some curiosity!
This meetup is hosted in partnership with volunteers from Girl Develop It Los Angeles. Like all GDI meetups, it's open to everyone as long as you abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct: http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct
What to bring:
• Your laptop and charger (or you can always share with someone else and do some pair programming)
• Any books, pen/paper, whiteboards, or whatever you need to study
• Money to purchase a snack or drink, as a kindness to the coffee shop for letting us use their space and wifi for free! This helps ensure that we'll be welcomed back in the future. :)
• Your curiosity and your excitement for learning, teaching, and coding with new friends!
• 7pm - Socializing, getting food/drinks, announcements
• 7:30pm - Learn stuff and build stuff!
• 9pm - Wrap up
The coffee shop has free parking and there's ample street parking nearby.
*** All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct: http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct
*** If RSVP list is full, feel free to sign-up here: https://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Code-LA/events/252612182/ or https://www.meetup.com/LearnTeachCode/events/252612197/