Free ticket REQUIRED to attend: https://tinyurl.com/mentor102
Join us for our monthly mentorship night, a networking mixer where tech industry professionals volunteer to answer your questions and share their wisdom! NON-TECHIES AND TOTAL BEGINNERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! You don't have to work in tech to attend our events.
Headspace (https://www.headspace.com/) will be hosting our October mentorship night at their awesome Santa Monica office!
We run this event as a collaboration with Learn Teach Code and Women Who Code, every month at a different location. :)
What to bring:
- EVENTBRITE TICKET REQUIRED! Get your free ticket here:
- (Optional) Your laptop, if you want to get some hands-on coding help!
- You’ll get the most out of this event if you come prepared with questions to ask! (Anything from career advice, code-specific questions, comparing tools/technologies/languages, advice on learning to code, etc.)
- 6:00pm: Refreshments and networking (yay, let's be social!)
- 7:30pm: Mentors will introduce themselves; community announcements.
- 8:00pm: Networking time with ice-breaker prompts; break up into small groups to chat with mentors.
- 9:00pm: Wrap up
Sign up to be a mentor:
Already working in tech? Want to be a mentor to share your experiences and answer questions from a diverse group of beginners?
Sign up to be a mentor here:
Parking and directions:
See all info (with photos) here:
- Take the Metro! Headspace is right off the Expo Line at the Bergamot Station stop.
- Street parking is available around the neighborhood.
- Some free parking (first-come, first-serve!) is available in the outdoor lot at Headspace (the white building); drive through the white gate to park.
Our sponsor and host:
Founded in 2010 by Andy Puddicombe and Rich Pierson, Headspace is a global leader in meditation and mindfulness through its meditation app and online content offerings. Headspace is backed by co-founder Andy Puddicombe’s deep knowledge of the time-honored tradition and practice of meditation, coupled with his expertise at translating those learnings into modern day applications.
With more than 32M members across 190 countries, Headspace helps build healthy routines into your daily life with hundreds of sessions ranging from stress and anxiety to focus, kindness and sleep.
*** All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct: http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct