addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Girl Develop It Philadelphia Message Board › Is the Web Design & Development Certificate program at the Art Institute

Is the Web Design & Development Certificate program at the Art Institute a good one?

Gina Renee F.
user 104550612
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 1
Hi there, I just joined this group and had a few questions. I am thinking about going to the Art Institute for there 12-month web design and development program and was wondering if anyone here knew about this course or has taken it?
LaMaia
user 3729427
Phoenixville, PA
Post #: 15
I had a friend who taught graphics there, and I think she was a great instructor. She thought that, in many cases, students got out of the course what they put into it. In other words -- students who devoted lots of hours would learn a lot, but there were plenty of students who did the bare minimum and left without much to show for it.
ali
user 69749482
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 1
Hi - I attended for multimedia and web design. I had great instructors. It was years ago but, Im sure the ones there are just as qualified. Its just sooo expensive.
However, I did learn the most in programming from there without being a hardcore computer science major. I would see if they have multimedia and web to broaden your base. If not, you can still do really great with the web. If you go that way I would suggest picking up electives in audio, graphics, multimedia class or two, video and definitely PHOTOSHOP...which I believe is offered in this major. It just makes you more marketable and to be able to for a higher pay/do side jobs. Hope this helps. All the best.