Using ES6 will impress your fellow coders and interviewers. It also gives you an edge in the web development industry, since it's used heavily in popular modern frameworks such as React.js, Angular 2, and Vue.js.
This class takes place over the following dates:
Saturday, April 8th, 12:30 - 3:30 pm
Saturday, April 15th, 12:30 - 3:30 pm
Your payment registers you for the entire series.
• Learn ES6 syntax through hands-on coding exercises
• Work with the major new features of ES6 (including new variable types, Array helpers, arrow functions, string templates, generators, promises, classes, rest/spread operators, and more!)
• Convert legacy ES5 code into ES6, step by step
• Review ES7's two new features
• Discuss how to integrate ES6 into existing projects or start new ES6 projects from scratch
• Never use a for loop again!
If you have any questions about requirements, please post a comment or message the organizers. We're happy to help!
Note: All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct (http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct).
Please bring the following to each class:
Laptop (Mac, PC, or Linux are all okay) and charger
A modern web browser such as Google Chrome
A text editor such as Atom (http://atom.io/) or Sublime Text (http://www.sublimetext.com/2) (both free; available for Mac, PC, and Linux)
Be sure to bring an ID, as well. You’ll need it to check in with the security guard once you arrive for each class.
Katryn & Zalyndria will TA this class.
A huge thank you to Brown University’s Women and Technology Group for hosting this event! This class will take place in the Brown University Sciences Library, located at:
Sciences Library - 6th Floor Teaching Lab
201 Thayer Street
Providence, RI 02912
Note: Please bring an ID. You’ll need it to check in with the security guard at the lobby of the Sciences Library.
A part of the vision of GDI is to teach women from diverse backgrounds and provide them the instruction they need to learn software development. Money should never get in the way of that. Please reach out if finances are a blocker for you.