addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Girl Geek Dinners Melbourne Message Board › Our 2013 events guide! We need volunteers.

Our 2013 events guide! We need volunteers.

Nicole P.
user 4306532
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 1
I can volunteer for programming (August) and wordpress (November)... a long way off I know.
Kat L.
user 26832302
Berlin, DE
I could possibly help out with the Social Media session in June. I manage social media as one part of my greater online/digital role in my current job (working within a digital team in sporting industry).
A former member
I can help with the design workshop
A former member
Post #: 2
oh and I can also help with the wordpress workshop as I'm currently employed full time building custom wordpress based websites
A former member
A few people have already put in for these I think, but I have experience for Public Speaking at Conferences (I organised, MC'd and spoke at a national conference this year), and Social Media (bringing a non-profit perspective). However if these are already well covered I am excited to attend these workshops and learn more.
Tammy B.
user 12098348
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 3
Excellent!! Fantastic to see so many volunteers.

We still need 2 volunteers for the "women at work panel", "Charging What You Are Worth Panel" and "Futurists Panel"... and we need 1 volunteer for the "Programming (Frontend e.g. jQuery, CSS, HTML)"

As a volunteer you will choose the date, promote the event, decide on the format of the night, invite guest speakers and organise catering (source sponsorship or ask members to bring along some money for pizza). We are able to use inspire9 as the venue! :)

Thanks!
Tammy

January
Design Workshop
- Tali
- Marigo Raftopoulos
- Kit Kawaii

February
Public Speaking For Conferences Workshop
- Jarich
- Ruth
- Jess Genevieve Brown
- Tamsien West

March
Women at Work Panel

April
Personal Branding Workshop
- Rachel Bucknall
- Jess Genevieve Brown

May
Managing People Panel
- Jess (IT Manager)
- Michelle Tydeman
- Tali

June
Social Media Workshop
- Karan White
- Kat
- Jess Genevieve Brown
- Tamsien West

July
Charging What You Are Worth Panel

August
Programming (Frontend e.g. jQuery, CSS, HTML)
- Nicole Paton

September
Futurists Panel

October
Web Directions South Conference
- Karan White
- Jess Genevieve Brown

November
Wordpress Workshop
- Nicole Paton
- Kit Kawaii
Kelly B.
user 13021300
Melbourne, AU
Hey Tammy,

I'm a web dev and would be happy to help out with the Programming event.

Also happy to put my hand up for a second event - whichever you need help for.
A former member
Tammy, Is there a specific night that GGD is held across 2013? Is it a Wednesday? Regards, Jacqueline
Tammy B.
user 12098348
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 4
Tammy, Is there a specific night that GGD is held across 2013? Is it a Wednesday? Regards, Jacqueline

Hi Jacqueline, no specific night. Event organisers can choose :)
Tammy
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi guys!

I feel like a bit of a dunce... I added my name into all these different categories thinking we would then be chosen to do a few based on our choices. Instead, now I realize, we were to put our names down for everything we were willing and able to commit to!

I have committed to too much, unfortunately. Since there are a number of people for the Social Media group and the Public Speaking group, I hope you all won't mind if I back out and concentrate my time & energy on Personal Branding and Web Directions?

Apologies! Afraid to spread myself too thin, I have LOTS of great commitments going in 2013. I'm sure you all do too!