addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Girls (over 45) Just Wanna Have Fun Message Board › Reminder about Chelsea Bazaar on Saturday

Reminder about Chelsea Bazaar on Saturday

Ivy
user 11452341
Group Organizer
Forest Hills, NY
Hi Ladies,

I am sending this email to you as a Reminder about our meetup on Saturday, October 20th at Chelsea Bazaar and lunch at Lillie's Victorian Restaurant. I think it will be a fun event  - nice and relaxing and a way to connect in a casual way with the members of the group.

At some of my meetups lately, there have been NO SHOWS and I really would like to address this situation. I hear from other organizers that this occurs very often and in greater numbers than we have had.  However, it is unfair to me and also to the other members if you do not show up for an event.

What if you went to a meetup and only one person and the organizer showed up and you were expecting to meet 12 members.  You would probably be very annoyed and disappointed since you set aside time to come to this meetup. It is very inconsiderate to not show up for a meetup. If you are a member of 100's of groups, that may be the problem. Your email box is overloaded and your time is not your own.

I have a calendar posted on my refrigerator that I use to remind me of all my meetups and other important events during the month.  I think this is a helpful way to remember so that I don't double book dates and also don't forget about the dates I have scheduled.

Life happens and we all have emergencies and things popping up that we don't expect to happen, some good, some not so good.

***As soon as you know that you will not be able to attend an event, please change your RSVP.

If you know on the day of the event, change it immediately so that another member can attend.  Also, this would give me time to adjust reservations and also not have the group waiting for you to show up for the event.

You can email me with an explanation if you like, but ALSO change your RSVP since I do not check my email the day of the event. I only check the meetup site before I leave for the event.

A lot of planning and time goes into each and every event I do. For example, I don't arbitrarily select a restaurant without extensive research about price, location, quality and reviews.

I think it is only fair for me to expect that you have the same commitment to attending the events.

So ladies, Girls Over 45 do want to have fun, but we want to have fun with YOU!

So please, come to the events that you say you are coming to so that we can all have fun together!

The weather on Saturday is going to be sunny and about 65 degrees. Perfect weather for a bazaar and lunch in the city.

If there is time after lunch, we can visit Union Square Farmer's market, just a block away, to gather fresh produce, jams, bread and other goodies before we head home.

See you on Saturday.

Ivy