What we're about
Hello and welcome to Girls Heart Girls! Thank you for taking a few minutes to read about our group. Femininity is a spectrum; not everyone identifies with femininity in the same way. However, there is often a shared sense of invisibility among lesbians who identify as feminine. Girls Heart Girls seeks to break down that barrier of invisibility by bringing together in a social setting those on the feminine end of the spectrum. Girls Heart Girls is bi and trans friendly.
The mission of is Girls Heart Girls two-fold:
1. to create and maintain a safe, respectful and positive environment to share with each other the unique challenges and perspectives of being a feminine gay woman.
2. to foster genuine connections with a stable and dependable community of like-minded women and have fun while doing it!
If you are looking to socialize with other like-minded feminine lesbians in a healthy atmosphere this group is for you. Though women from surrounding areas are welcome to join, our events will take place primarily in South Jersey. We will have one-time events interspersed with our recurring events, which include discussions over coffee and book club.
Please take note of the following important items:
1. We require that all members use their real first names and have a recent identifiable photo of themselves. This promotes the safety of all of our members and allows us to recognize you when you attend events. If you do not feel comfortable posting a picture of yourself, please send a picture to the Organizer team upon joining so we can recognize you at an event. Thank you!
2. When you join, we will ask you a couple of questions. Please don’t let them scare you! Answer them as best you can, and if certain things don’t apply to you yet, then that’s ok. If you are just figuring things out, or just taking the first steps on this journey, then this is the group for you. We’ve all been there! Please feel free to message any of the organizers once you’ve joined with any questions you might have. We’re here to help and to make sure you feel comfortable.
3. Each time we gather together those in attendance will have the option to give a contribution, be it $1.00 or more, to offset the subscription fee that Meetup charges organizers for being on their website.
4. There is a possibility that some events will be hosted at members’ homes. In order to ensure the safety of the host, her home, and everyone in attendance, you must have attended at least three events with us prior to being able to RSVP to an event hosted at a private residence.
Girls Heart Girls has a 2-strikes policy regarding no-shows. If you RSVP YES to an event and do not attend and do not change your RSVP to NO by the time the event is posted to begin it will be recorded as a no-show. After two no-shows I will assume you do not want to be part of Girls Heart Girls and I will remove you from the group.
One of our group’s tenets is that we are all respectful of each other. This includes letting the group know if you can no longer attend an event to which you have RSVP’d YES. A great amount of time and effort go into planning meetups. We completely understand that things come up at the last minute. We just ask that you be respectful of organizers’ and event hosts’ time by letting us know if you can no longer attend.
DISCLAIMER: By signing up for any Girls Heart Girls meetup event, you agree to release Girls Heart Girls, its organizer(s), its host(s) and its members from any liability should be injured. We organize meetups for people to attend and enjoy at their own risk. You are responsible for yourself just as if you were to participate in these activities on your own.