Traditionally, the 3 roles involved in getting a website up and running have been very separate and well-defined. There is the website owner, the web designer and the backend developer. And although normally there is enough communication between them to get the job done, sometimes there is also a fair bit of misunderstanding.
This event will be the first of a series of three, where we will focus on each of the roles in turn, starting with that of web designer and frontend developer.
We are currently working to bring you a couple of lightning talks plus a roundtable discussion covering points such as:
• What makes a good theme or template?
• What would you add to the list of must-have best practices of web design?
• Custom vs template.
• Frameworks vs. child theme.
• Which criteria do you use to decide when to use either?
• From the web design point of view, is the customer always right?
If you are a frontend developer, come along to share your thought processes and compare them with others.
If you are a website owner or backend developer, come along to find out what makes a web designer tick!
If you would be interested in giving one of the lightning talks, please get in touch on [masked]