addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

GlobalNet21: Recreating Our Futures Message Board General Discussion › Julian Assange and English Duplicity

Julian Assange and English Duplicity

Yoga B.
user 11354113
London, GB
Post #: 8
Where do WE begin ?
A former member
Post #: 1
Why doesnt Assange man-up and face the charges of rape and sexual assault alleged in Sweden? Sweden isnt a place with a crappy human rights record like that of Assange's new best friend in Ecuador.
Jacqueline
user 8256772
London, GB
Post #: 50
I cannot stop thinking about the women that have brought the charges against him. How do they feel with all this avoidance of justice. Ecuador may be colluding with a rapist!

I also think that as the UK wants to be the USA's best friend, he has more chance of being extradited from here than from Sweden.

I found this news paper article quite enlightening: http://www.independen...­

marnie
user 8656682
London, GB
Post #: 5
What is he worried about? He claims he is innocent, if so he should stand trial where if he is innocent the prosecution will not be able to provide evidence and trial will be over
Yoga B.
user 11354113
London, GB
Post #: 10
Dear 'silly/stupid/ignorant/uneducated/gullib­le/servile' people,

The Julian Assange 'case' is NOT, and NEVER has been, about JUSTICE !
Rather like 'English Justice', IT is about 'making noises', victimisation and the exercise of power and prejudice.

He (Mr.Assange) was/is clever and cunning, and exposed The TRUTH about American DUPLICITY and CORRUPTION ; 'my oh my' , how 'Team America' dislikes him ! Perhaps HE is ENTIRELY correct in his exposition of 'Team America'; I wonder how much 'mud' will 'stick' on 'Team GB' ?

The 'women' in question should have brought forward their 'allegations' a VERY long time ago; why NOW ?
A 'convenient' UNtruth perhaps ?

Rape is an allegation with VERY serious consequences.....

The women in question, I suspect, are neither 'poor' nor 'helpless' but rather,
opportunistic, self serving and UNWITTINGLY (rather like sheep), EXPLOITED.

Are YOUR little 'cosy worlds' in need of 'salvation' people ?

Without prejudicing this 'case', and that which is MUCH to be divulged,

Baaaaaahhhhhhhh !

Sleep well in you pens.

A former member
Post #: 147
not sure about yogaboo's style, but the politics of this case against Assange are pretty whiffy. it's pretty obvious that the americans want him out of the way.

the americans have been known to heavily lean on the swedish government (and others of course), for example being threatened with trade sanctions if they didn't bring legal action against the Pirate Bay founders - which, not insignificantly - housed the original Wikileaks servers.

You can bet they're having their arms severely twisted in this case.

no better way to morally discredit the guy who has descredited and embarrassed the US govt., than by bringing a sex charge against him.

now that doesn't mean i know whether he did this or not, or whether there is a genuine victim or not, but it would be surely naive to not think there's an awful lot of politics going on here... which has to throw the allegations into some kind of doubt?

it's just a little bit too convenient for the US government that this came to light as wikileaks' fame, power and influence was growing, and very seriously hurting the US government on a regular basis.
Yoga B.
user 11354113
London, GB
Post #: 11
Well said Antonjw ! Sometimes, 'provocation' proves successful.

Debating this, and other hugely important 'issues' in a world riddled with endemic corruption, duplicity, malevolence, jealousy, hypocrisy and bare faced lies, when EVERY establishment 'protects' every other (establishment), appears to be futile; is it any wonder that We live in a moral and ethical vacuum ?

Although Edmund Burke was entirely correct when he said , 'All that is required for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing' , we will all do well to keep in mind that 'one million good people' (The Iraq War march in The UK) could NOT prevent The Iraq War. Stephen Lawrence's murder took almost TWENTY years to reach a muted 'conclusion' despite HUGE 'pressure' being applied.

Need I go on ?

People become 'accepting' of daily injustices,however great, partly due to powerlessness and partly due to apathy.