What we're about
WELCOME TO GLOBAL SEOUL MATES!
INTRODUCTION VIDEO HERE: https://www.facebook.com/globalseoulmates/videos/1660717027272883/
Meet new people, make great friends, practice speaking Korean, practice speaking English! Over 3,000 people join our meet ups every month. Our members are about 30% Foreigners and 70% Koreans. NOT EVERYONE is fluent in their target languages. All language levels are fine. Feel free to come alone and come late. Simply enter the meet up at the right time, pay 10,000won (11,000 with card), and then you'll receive any TWO drinks from our menu. Our menu includes Coffee, latte, Tea, Juice, craft beers, cocktails and more :)
We have language meet ups and events everyday in Gangnam at our Language Exchange Pub & Cafe (GSM TERRACE (https://www.globalseoulmates.com/terrace/)). We have language exchanges in Hongdae every Wednesday and Sunday. Check the schedule on this page for more details!
To get maps, schedules, details and free language content designed to hlep you get the most out of your meet up, please register here:
• Foreigners register: https://www.globalseoulmates.com/meet-up-registration/
• Koreans register: https://www.globalseoulmates.com/모임-신청서/
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR LANGUAGE EXCHANGES.
The atmosphere of our language exchanges depends on the day of the week. Monday is a bit more study focused and relaxed, where as Thursday has people drinking SOJU and it feels a bit more like a pub. We get between 30 and 100 people to each meetup. Generally, you will come into the language exchange and you'll be greeted by friendly staff. The staff will show you how to order from our menu and then guide you to a seat. Each table has 6 - 8 people. Every hour, we will randomly change the tables so you get a chance to meet new people. Find the day of the week below to get a better idea of what to expect!
[MONDAY 7 - 11] People: 30 - 50. Languages: English - Korean - Spanish
[TUESDAY 7 - 11] People: 30 - 50. Languages: English - Korean
[WEDNESDAY 7 - 11] People: 40 - 70. Languages: English - Korean - Japanese
[THURSDAY 7 - 11] People: 50 - 90. Languages: English - Korean - Chinese
[SATURDAY 3 - 6] People: 70 - 100. Languages: English - Korean - Chinese
[SUNDAY 3 - 6] People: 30 - 60. Languages: English - Korean
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR INTERNATIONAL PUB PARTIES.
We have International Pub Parties every Friday and Saturday night in Gangnam [GSM Terrace] and we have Wine & Cheese Meet ups every Sunday night. These are different than our language exchanges in that they are much more free, there are much more people, and there is much more alcohol :) There are no table changes and everyone is free to sit anywhere they like. The atmosphere is much more similar to a pub than a cafe. To attend the pub party, you simply arrive at the GSM Terrace (late is okay) and pay 10,000 won. You'll get any 2 drinks from our menu. You can also pay 15,000 won and get unlimited select drinks until 10PM. We also have free club entry into various clubs in Gangnam, Itaewon and Hongdae. More details about club entry at the GSM Terrace! Have a look at the descriptions below for more details on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night!
[FRIDAY NIGHT 7 - 12AM] People: 80 - 150. International Pub Party.
[SATURDAY NIGHT 7 - 12AM] People: 100 - 200. International Pub Party.
[SUNDAY NIGHT 7 - 11PM] People: 30 - 60. Wine & Cheese Meet up.
1. Is my LANGUAGE ABILITY too low? No! We have people of all abilities join and adapt to our meet up and community. The important thing is that you try to meet new people and learn new language, culture with an open and positive mind.
2. Can I come ALONE? Absolutely. A LOT of the people who come to our meet up come alone. The purpose is to expose yourself to new cultures, language and people. There's nothing wrong with coming alone.
3. Can I come LATE? Yes! You may come late. But, you'll be missing out on valuable speaking time! ^^ Of course its best to come early. But it's better to come late than not come at all~
4. HOW do I join? You can just go to the meet up at the correct time and enter the meet up :) If you want to register, follow this link and we can send you additional information via mail! https://www.globalseoulmates.com/meet-up-registration/
5. What is the AGE of people join? There is no age limitation, but our members are typically between 20 and 36 years old. There quite a few people who are older or younger than this.
6. What KIND of people join? GSM members are usually workers / professionals and sometimes students, and travellers. In any case, they are always positive and opened minded people. You'll be hard pressed to find negative people at our meet up! Sometimes
7. Ratio of GENDER and NATIONALITY? We put a lot of effort to balance gender and nationality. Sometimes there are more women, sometimes there are more men but it often averages out to more women than men. Foreigners are about 30% of the group, while local Koreans are about 70%.
MORE ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
Global Seoul Mates (GSM) is our name. We started as a small group of friends in 2015. Now we are over 70,000 members with nationalities from over 50 countries around the world. We are connected by an interest in language, culture and self development!
HOW DO I GET THERE?
We have two locations: Gangnam and Hongdae.
Venue: GSM Terrace
Searchable address: 논현동 166-23
Google maps: goo.gl/gVfUBo
Venue: CAFE ARGO
Searchable address: 서울특별시 마포구 동교동 204-54
Naver Map: https://goo.gl/MLs4bG
Connect with us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/globalseoulmates
Visit our website: http://www.globalseoulmates.com