Go Eat Give is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting peace and understanding by advancing cultural awareness through food, travel, and community service. Go Eat Give offers unique international vacations featuring authentic, immersive experiences with local people, cultures, and cuisines. By partnering with community organizations abroad, Go Eat Give raises global awareness of important issues and provides meaningful support to local nonprofits, including orphanages, schools, health centers, food programs, and women's empowerment centers. Go Eat Give holds Destination Dinner at consulates, cultural centers and local restaurant in New York City areas to raise awareness about a particular country. We showcase restaurants that serve authentic cuisine from the country, speakers that share knowledge of the country's customs and practices, artists that educate participants on the local culture. For more information, visit us on www.goeatgive.org
Malta has temples that pre-date the pyramids at Giza and Stonehenge, some of the clearest waters in the world, and boasts a capital city that is a baroque masterpiece. Like Croatia of 20 years ago, Malta has just now become a newly discovered travel destination for the cultural enthusiast and not as a second thought. The Maltese Islands, although small in size, offers travelers a rare opportunity to see a well preserved history and exciting present day culture.
Join Go Eat Give on its inaugural tour to the Mediterranean island of Malta, accompanied by Go Eat Give founder and award-winning travel writer, Sucheta Rawal. On this trip, you will get a chance to meet locals, have village feasts, relax on the beach and stay at a UNESCO World Heritage city!
- Sail in traditional Maltese boat (Dghajsa) around the Grand Harbor like many nobility have before!
- Take a tour of the stunning St. John's Co-Cathedral, created by the Knights of St. John.
- Participate in a patron village festival with elaborate displays, lighting, fireworks, music, and party with the locals.
- Visit the Old Capital City of Mdina, where Game of Thrones was filmed.
- Travel by boat & tuk-tuk to the island of Gozo.
- Have lunch at a family-run farm & taste fresh olive oil, cheese & wine.
- Take a cooking class with Pippa Mattei, celebrity cook, food writer and teacher, in her Maltese kitchen.
- Wine tasting at Tal-Massar vineyards.
- Taste Maltese classic dishes at local restaurants serving ftira, pizzas, qassatat and bread.
- Get behind the scenes look at the history of falconry on the islands.
- Enjoy a private boat ride through the Blue Grotto.
- Step back some 5500 years with a visit to the Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temple sites.
- Volunteer with Dream of Horses Farm.
Dates: June 13-20, 2020
Cost: $3650 double; $4450 single occupancy
Airfare to Malta not included
Limited to 10 people
To register, contact Go Eat Give [masked],[masked] or visit https://goeatgive.com/trips/malta-in-fall/