addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vertical Rock Climbing and Bouldering Club Message Board › Sizing of equipment?

Sizing of equipment?

James
JDM7999
Manassas, VA
Post #: 2
Ok, so I think I'm ready to stop throwing money away and want to buy my own gear. Obviously the shoe size is pretty self explanatory but what about harness size? I don't recall the staff at VRCC ever SAYING what size their harnesses are (of even if they are the right size or just one-size-fits-all) so any advice would be appreciated!

James
James
JDM7999
Manassas, VA
Post #: 3
Also, any advice on what items to look for on a harness would also be great.

Edit - Also, I'm a member of Amazon Prime and I know Amy (and others) tout the REI membership but they only have 2 pairs of shoes in my size. The same harness I'm considering is the same price, both places. AP gets free 2 day shipping (amongst other things) and (basically) free returns so convince me to go REI... ;)
Kate
Kitiby
Manassas, VA
Post #: 71
James,
I am a newbie, but I ordered my harness at www.mountaingear.com even though I am REI member, just because it was a better deal. There is a size chart that you can check for each harness (I saw those on Amazon in the descriptiong section, I shop there with Prime as well). Wonderful REI folks can help you find the right size if not sure.

Can't offer any advice on shoes, since I bought mine at REI and tried at least 6 pairs before I found the right fit...

Good luck!
Kate