- I/O Extended Bucharest 2019
Google I/O 2019 has recently ended and quite a few announcements have been made. Join us for the I/O Extended Bucharest event, where we'll be going over the latest news and releases from this year's I/O with the help of some of the members of our community that were present at the event. Of course, we'll also have some SWAG for active participants! We'll be going over the latest announcements regarding Android, Kotlin, Machine Learning, Flutter, Google Assistant and others. Agenda: 19:00 - 20:30 - Panel discussion with speakers
- Challenge Accepted Hackathon
Va invitam la Challenge Accepted Hackathon unde vom lucra prototipuri de aplicații moderne, pentru soluționarea unor probleme stringente ale societății. ÎMPREUNĂ, SCHIMBĂM LUMEA PRINTR-O LINIE DE COD! Timp de 3 zile, în perioada 7-8-9 iunie, la București, lucrăm împreună pentru a găsi soluții simple la probleme complexe. Soluțiile se vor baza pe tehnologii moderne și ar putea avea un impact pozitiv uriaș asupra vieții oamenilor. Selectam probleme din sfera serviciilor medicale, pharma, servicii sociale si situatii de urgenta. Cele mai importante 25 de idei sau prototipuri selectate de juriu și organizatori vor intra într-o perioadă de 100 de zile de incubare. Prototipurile se pot transforma în produse, dezvoltate, testate cu utilizatori reali și validate pentru implementare. Proiectele care vor depăși stadiul de incubare au șanse reale să fie transformate în produse și să servească cauza pentru care au fost create. Este posibil ca unele proiecte să aibă nevoie de o perioadă mai mare pentru implementare. Implică-te în eveniment și hai să schimbăm lumea împreună! Înscrierile sunt deschise pe site-ul evenimentului: www.challenge.scoalainformala.ro - la Scoala informala de IT - Bucuresti.
- GDG Garage - Build your product
GDG Garage Series of Meetups is about working on side projects that you always wanted to do or finding real projects that provide a good opportunity for learning. Starting March 5th we will meet once every three weeks in a hands-on atmosphere with the goal of launching new apps on the market (hopefully by late June). In the first meetups we will define projects and teams, gather some early feedback. As we progress we will focus more on design, development, testing, marketing, post-release strategies. Each meetup will have a section dedicated for quick informal presentations or desktop sharing and an area for the teams to work. The projects should be mostly related to Android (Mobile) or Google Assistant (chatbots, conversational interfaces) to make the most out of the community’s experience. This is your chance to: - get the help and the team to build the project you've been thinking of; - exchange practical knowledge with experienced developers; - be part of an active network of product builders. We hope you are excited as we are and motivated to launch your (maybe first) product in 2019. Gather your team, write down your best idea and see you on March 5th.
- DevFest Romania 2018
GDG DevFest Romania is happening in less then 2 weeks. We've got Googlers, Google Developer Experts and Industry Professionals who will present the latest technologies on 3 different tracks: - Android & Kotlin - Flutter, UX & Assistent - Cloud & Data Engineering Tickets and more details here: https://devfest.ro/ GDG DevFests are large, community-run developer events happening around the globe focused on community building and learning about Google’s technologies. GDG DevFest Romania is a community event, made by community for community. The main purpose of this conference is to bring together tech specialists and give to the attendees the possibility to participate at their presentations and ask them questions about their common passions: technology and programming.
- Running and Growing live apps with Firebase
We begin the autumn Meetups season with a session dedicated to Firebase. The platform has been growing fast and Google is pushing it forward more and more. In this edition we have invited a special guest (Jon Mensing, Product Manager at Google), to show us some of the lesser known features of Firebase that can make our lives easier during development and release. Agenda: 18:45 - 19:00: Arrivals & Registration 19:00 - 19:05: Welcome 19:05 - 20:05: Running and Growing live apps with Firebase - Jon Mensing You may be familiar with Firebase as a realtime database in the Cloud, but it's much, much more. In this session we'll discuss how Firebase can be used to improve your live app's quality, manage feature rollouts, perform A/B tests, send notifications, and more. Jon Mensing is a Product Manager at Google who focuses on messaging and testing features within Firebase. His past experience includes work at BuzzFeed and Zynga. Jon has an MBA from Wharton, a Master of Public Policy degree from the Harvard Kennedy School, and a B.S. in Computer Science from the U.S. Air Force Academy. 20:05 - 21:00: Networking and discussions on Firebase and more
- Android Summer Vibes
It's been a while since we've had an event dedicated to Android, so we've decided to make up for it in style. This time, in a special location. Agenda: 18:45 - 19:00: Arrivals & Registration 19:00 - 19:05: Welcome 19:05 - 19:50: Android Interface Definition Language (AIDL) When, Why and How? - Cristian Ichimescu This presentation is about android Inter Process Communication with an incline to AIDL. It will describe some scenarios when using AIDL is suitable, with its benefits and downsides. It will also contain an example on how to implement them and a demo project. 19:50 - 20:10: Pizza & Beers 20:10 - 20:30: Quick walkthrough of some of the latest developments in the framework - Cosmin Stefan During this demo we'll go through some of the latest additions of the Android framework, emphasising what can they do for you.
- I/O Extended Bucharest 2018 - Developer Summary
We're going to discuss the latest news and releases from this year's I/O with the help of our colleagues present at the event. Agenda: 19:00 - 20:00 - Android, Dev Tools, Flutter & Material Design - Cosmin Stefan, Valerica Plesu, Magda Miu, Victor Gradinescu 20:00 - 21:00 - Machine Learning, Actions and Bots - Traian Rebedea, Stefan Malnici, Cosmin Stefan, Victor Gradinescu
- Google HashCode - Bucharest 2018
Facultatea de Automatica si Calculatoare, Universitatea Politehnica Bucuresti
• What we'll do Joi, 1 martie 2018, începând cu ora 19.00, se va desfășura competiția online Google HashCode, la Facultatea de Automatica si Calculatoare din cadrul Universității Politehnica din București, sala ED422. Pentru a putea participa este necesar să faci parte dintr-o echipă. Înregistrarea individuală a fiecăruia dintre cei 2-4 membri ai unei echipe este deschisă până la data de 26 februarie 2018 ora 18:00 CET pe site-ul: https://hashcode.withgoogle.com/ HashCode este o competiție globală de programare între toate echipele înscrise în concurs, organizată anul acesta pentru a 5-a oară de către Google, în două etape: - etapa de calificare online se va desfășura în ziua de 1 martie 2018, în intervalul orar 19:00 – 23:30, la hub-ul din cadrul campusului UPB https://goo.gl/c8A7Au - etapa finală se va desfășura în ziua de 28 aprilie 2018, la sediul Google din Dublin. Cine poate participa? Sunt așteptați să participe studenți (de orice nivel) și / sau profesioniști în domeniul IT sau un domeniu corelat (Informatică, Informatică Economică, Matematică, Automatizări și Calculatoare, Telecomunicații etc.) Unde mă înregistrez? Înregistrarea oficială pe site-ul https://hashcode.withgoogle.com/ este obligatorie pentru cei ce doresc să participe. Pentru mai multe detalii despre eveniment urmăriți paginile noastre de Facebook (GDG Bucharest și GDG Pitești), contactați organizatorii la adresa de email [masked] sau urmăriți pagina oficială https://hashcode.withgoogle.com/ Pe curând! • What to bring • Important to know Înregistrarea oficială pe site-ul https://hashcode.withgoogle.com/ este obligatorie pentru cei ce doresc să participe.
- Android - Build to Scale
The first Android meetup of the year is here. We'll be discussing advanced Android engineering with Doug Sillars ( http://dougsillars.com ), Principal Architect for Mobile Performance at AT&T, book author ( http://bit.ly/HighPerfAndroidApps ) and digital nomad. In the second part of the meetup we'll crowdsource the latest Android related tips and tricks. Agenda: - Doug Sillars - It's Time to Stop Stalling Doug will speak about how the network calls in your mobile app can lead to poorly performing video and mobile applications. He'll walk through tools used for benchmarking web and native performance, and how to identify issues that may be slowing down your app. He will walk through issues seen in top mobile applications, how they were resolved, and how you as a developer can avoid the pitfalls that many top applications have suffered through. By the end of the talk, you'll have an understanding of why network performance is a critical testing step to ensure an excellent customer experience, and will have a solid background on common issues that can be fixed. - AdHoc Community Tips & Tricks Have you recently found a nice piece of Android code? A cool Android library? Maybe some hot tricks in Android Studio? Share your screen with us in this Lighting "5 minutes Talks" Session. Make sure you take a note each time you do something interesting this week. SPONSORS ARE WELCOME: Do you have a message, product or service for the Google Developer Group? Power up this meetup, have your voice heard and your contribution will help us do even more cool stuff for the community.
- Cloud Study Jam
• What we'll do We start the new year with a resolution to learn about containers and orchestration in the cloud. This is the first event in a series of events on this theme and will be an introductory one. So, want to get started on the Google Cloud, but don't know where to begin? Join us for our Cloud Study Jam! Together we'll work through three Google Cloud Platform Essentials labs, then you will get free access to the next quest so you can finish this series of labs at home to get a Google-hosted badge for your online profile. You will be able to get hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Scientific Data Processing, which will earn you additional badges. Join this meetup to get official Google training, a $70+ value, free of charge. Agenda: 18:30: Three Google Cloud Platform Essentials labs 19:45: Break 20:00: Intro to Docker or Scientific Data Processing lab 21:00: Event ends • What to bring Bring a laptop (PC, Mac or Chromebook)! The labs will run on all of the latest versions of the popular browsers. For the best experience, make sure your laptop has Firefox or Chrome installed. • Important to know