Hey designers, have you ever:
- experienced resistance from your team when you suggested doing research as part of your team's product development process?
- felt like you are always seen as a pixel-pusher as opposed to a strategic design partner in your working team?
- felt like you are always left out of strategic discussions?
We will be introducing 2 incredible speakers who will give you a workshop where we will walk through the common challenges faced by designers and share tips and technique on how to level up and position yourself as a strategic partner in your team.
Meem Nordin started her design career at Yahoo a decade ago where she fell in love with the user-centered design and hasn’t looked back since. Since then, she has led the design for numerous mobile apps, enterprise software, medical device interface, and design systems. Currently, she leads the Growth Design team in Grab.
Philip Madeley is a senior product designer for Grab's Growth Team and was previously with Google and Amazon. Philip is from the UK, where he completed his BA in Fine Art and started his career in visual design. Fuelled by a curiosity to solve problems for people with completely different backgrounds, Philip moved to Tokyo in 2004 and worked at various tech companies. After 12 years, he made the move to Singapore and worked on Google's first wave of products for Next Billion Users. Philip's mantra is to drive Southeast Asia forward through innovative design that transcends the day-to-day mobile phone, with the ultimate purpose of improving people's lives.
Our agenda for the evening should be as follows-
• 6:00pm - Registration opens
- Happy Hour Networking with Bites
• 7:00pm - Welcome Remarks & Presenter Introductions
• 7:05 pm - Growing Your Design Career Workshop by Meem Nordin and Phil Madeley
• 8:35pm - Audience Q&A
• 9:00pm - The End
About Grab Tech Talks:
Grab Tech Talks are a series for peers in Jakarta's tech startup community to share knowledge and best practices as well as provide an informal space to network. Originally conceived within Grab to focus on pushing the boundaries of technology and business to Drive Southeast Asia Forward, we are excited to now make available these sessions to the wider tech/startup community. Stay tuned and check back for our line-up of interesting speakers and content.