2001 North Orchard Street, Chicago, IL
This is a great way to play Floor Hockey without the commitment of a league! You will get a ton of playing time in a well-organized event! Our host will check players in, divide players into teams, and make sure that everything runs smoothly. All you have to do is show up ready to play!
Pricing - The option to pre-pay will be available when we have enough people confirmed to play.
$10 - RSVP and pay online in advance (quicker check-in)
$10 - RSVP and pay cash at the event
What to Wear and What to Bring
· You are welcome to bring your own stick, but if you don’t have one, don’t worry! We have plenty!
· Goalies may bring their own gear, though we’ll have two sets on hand just in case.
· Players often wear shinguards and mouthguards, but it is not required.
· Eye protection / goggles are required. (don't have a pair? Please post a comment, and we can lend you a pair for the night. Limited supplies.)
· Most players wear gym shoes. On rainy, muddy, or snowy days, please bring your shoes and change into them at the facility. This will help keep the floor clean of dirt and water.
· Bring a light colored shirt and a dark colored shirt in case we do not have pinnies on hand. For most events, we will provide pinnies.
What to Expect
Show up early! The game will begin at the time posted for this event. Players may start checking in with the event host as early as 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. If a court is available, you may begin warming up before the event begins. The hockey goals will be set up and we’ll provide the balls.
Level of Play
Males and females 21 or older of all skill levels are invited to play. There is no required gender ration. We do our best to create even teams for well-matched games. There are no referees, so players need to play with sportsmanship and make their own calls. We aim to make everyone feel welcome at these events.
Lincoln Park High School has two buildings with gyms. Be sure to check the comments section or Where to Find Us section above before your event.
• The Main Building's main entrance is located on the west side of the large building. Go up the stairs to the second floor. Go straight ahead to find the small gym and the main gym. The doors to the gyms will be on your right.
• The Annex Gym (also known as Oz Park) is located in the smaller building. Enter through the doors on the east side. Go straight ahead and the doors to the gym will be on your right.
Transportation and Parking
There is plenty of free parking in the parking lot on Armitage.
If you're taking public transit, it's within walking distance from these stops:
Brown line - Armitage stop
73 Bus - Armitage and Orchard Stop
Nearest Divvy Station: About a 2 blocks away at Armitage and Larrabee.
Minimum number of players
This event needs a minimum of 8 people (not including the host) signed up before the start of the event in order to run. An email notification will be sent if we cancel. Refunds or credits will be issued if we cancel the event. Sign up early to encourage more people to sign up!!
Do Your Part! Help us keep an accurate guest count!
If you RSVP, we're counting on you to be there and we'll plan accordingly. If you change your mind about playing or your guest count changes, please update your RSVP. No-Shows will be marked on your account.
What's included in the price?
Your payment helps to cover the rental costs, the hourly pay for your event host, equipment costs, and ensures a well-organized event.
Love these events?
Tell your friends! Let other people know by giving it a 5-star rating or leaving a review for the group. Share these events on facebook to let others know where you are playing.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.