Note: This group is for Adults only over the age's of 18 years of age not for Children under 18:
Hey all young and old, I created this group for people to learn a life skill and a healthy life style as well as self defense the 36 Gracie Combative lessons in a slow and an none sparing environment this is suitable for people in shape or not in shape as Bjj is not about speed or streght as its called the gentle art ,My Main goal of this group is to get people started on white belt with the 36 Moves from the online Gracie university and then once they mastered them then we can go onto the blue belt test and that's when the fun begins,, we will be getting tested after we completed the 36 Gracie lessons by an instructor from the unvirstey coming over from America, Then when we reach blue belt it's bjj vs bjj sparing happens not at white belt as you don't have the reflexes or leverage yet to do the moves properly,,This group is designed for beginners only not advance people looking to spare. Tho advance people are more then welcome to join in to learn some new skills to sharpen there ground game tho it's not a sparing class.
So where did Bjj come from it originally started in Japan and china,, during the Sengoku period of the Muromachi period combining various Japanese martial arts which were used on the battlefield for close combat in situations where weapons were ineffective. In contrast to the neighboring nations of China and Okinawa whose martial arts were centered around striking techniques, Japanese hand-to-hand combat forms focused heavily upon throwing, immobilizing, joint locks and choking as striking techniques were ineffective towards someone wearing armor on the battlefield. The art was designed for the weak and timed people protecting there temples against the invaders. Then Years later Mitsuyo Maeda born in Japan learned these Art forms of Judo and Ju jujisu and having a long career in the USA and around America he decided to go live in Brazil where taught the Gracie family what he knew who at the time where working for the government,, so he teached the young boys Carlos Gracie being 1 them about Ju jujitsu only 1 problem tho Helio Gracie was too small and weak to compete due to his size so helio would watch his brothers competing and he'd practice with them on till 1 day he created a form that with his weak stature and medical condition could defeat a much lager person as it's know today as Brazilian ju jujitsu and it's where he created the combative moves.
1. Important no one gets hurt if your advanced and have experience and wont do the moves fast and hard on your partner and being rough on him you be asked to leave the class, after all he is a newbie like you where.
2. your not there to Impress people the only person you wont to impress is yourself again this is a none ego friendly environment.
3. The 36 Gracie skills are designed for self defense on the street only so this is not sport it's for street self defense so your not her to impress or go against the Gracie curriculum or ask question against what we are all learning from, if so then then you will be asked to leave.
4. You may ask how long will it take for blue belt and I say anywhere from 6 months to a year once your coming to class twice a week and repeating the moves then you will get better and better develop the right reflexes and leverage this is one of the most inviting and easy ways to blue belt tho you still have to put in the time and work in training.
5. There will be no discriminating of Race/Gender/ or of any sort towards a person if so then you will be showing the door.
6. Hygiene is big must there's nothing worst when training with a partner and they have not washed there training gear from the class before so fresh training gear is a must.
The program we will be taught on 13 dvd's to a group class then we will be doing moves from the dvd's, when we complete them there will be a Gracie trainer coming over from the online university from America to test us on this for our blue belts,, This is 2 video on what we will be doing and why Gracie Combatives is more Important then sport for street self defense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgb1Attfm-0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZenj6WFkHA