addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Lansing Eco Park Meeting

Lansing Eco Park is an inspiring project underway in our capital! Christian has a great presentation that we saw last month. They have monthly meetings with the community (and surrounding communities), because he is devoted to creating something that will benefit everyone! His plan is to buy a 100-acre property, which will be 80% public. Most of that will be an edible food forest where anyone can come and take food from the trees! The other 20% will be a sustainable community similar to our plans for the Peaceful Planet Project! This is just a tiny overview of his plans, but there is much more to learn, so we'd love to have you out! We can help set up carpools. There is also the Lansing Microbrew Festival happening that day so we may be going to that and staying overnight at a friend's house. We'd be happy for you to set up carpools amongst yourselves on the messages though!

There will be a presentation from 530-6, and from 6-730 we'll have a working meeting to talk about ways of helping our initiative.

If you didn't see our update here is a sampling of the good community support we are getting.

-Former Lansing Mayor David Hollister is a supporter, here's what he had to say "Lansing can be a national model in promoting environmentally sustainable urban living communities. I share Christian's vision and enthusiasm and urge others to become advocates for The Lansing Ecological Economy Park."
-Dr. George Bird, former Federal Director of Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education, is helping us organize a working group of MSU faculty for consultation and assistance.
-Clean Water Action, Mid-Michigan Environmental Action Council, and the Greater Lansing Food Bank-Garden Project have signed on as supporting organizations!

See you then, and invite your friends!

Join or login to comment.

3 went

  • Brooke
    Event Host
  • A former member
  • A former member

Our Sponsors

  • Honeybird Farm

    Thank you to Honeybird Farm for donating $20 to our special event fund!

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy