We are a lovely group of women in the Grand Stand area that are here to socialize and make a difference in our community!
This is a group for woman 21 to 49 years of age who are looking to make solid friendships while engaging in awesome activities and events! This group does it all - from checking out concerts, attending local happy hours, movie nights, volunteering, shopping, and outdoor activities, just to name a few!
• Purpose of Dues: You have entrusted your Leadership Team to allocate dues to support various charitable events during the year, including bit not limited to our annual Red Cross Cookie banking event in December. Dues will not be used to pay the annual $180 fee Meetup.com charges a group organizer to host a meetup group using the Meetup.com platform, software and advertising. Your organizer has generously agreed to continue, as she has for the past 5 years, to pay the fee assessed by Meetup.com OUT OF POCKET.
• Dues: Annual dues of $5 is payable following an initial 90 day trial period. This means if you are a current member and would like to stay a member you will have 90 days to pay the dues. For any new members just joining the group they will also have a 90 day trial period before being required to pay the dues. If that 90 days comes and the dues have not been paid, Meetup will automatically remove the non-paying member from the group.
• RSVP Rules: Please know that if you no show to an event you will be deleted from the group. We are here to support each other and hosts put a lot of effort into planning events, at time making reservations. We are just asking if you RSVP to show or un RSVP at least 5 hours prior to an event. Un-RSVPing without sufficient notice prior to an event may result in your removal from the group. Event Hosts put a lot of effort into coordinating and planning events. By failing to update your RSVP in a timely fashion you are telling the Leadership Team that your membership in this group and our group's reputation is not a priority to you. The purpose of the Leadership Team is to plan events, foster committed membership and to ensure that GSW is making a positive impact in the communities in which we live. Policing non-paying members and no-shows does not align with this purpose. The less we have to do it, the more time, energy and focus can be spent on the mission of the group.
We look forward to meeting you!
From Your Leadership Team
Some Basic Meetup Rules:
• No Self Promotion- 'Self promotion' is not permitted. Exception to this rule - if you operate or are employed by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and would like for the group to volunteer at an event your charity is hosting, please DO contact me, your organizer, for guidance on how to post your event. Organizing a group to support a charitable cause is not considered 'self promotion'.
• No Individual Birthday Celebrations.
• Facebook is not to be used as a substitute for Meetup.com. All group events must be created on our Meetup.com page not as a Facebook event.