addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Grayslake Gamers Message Board › What other game systems are we interested in playing

What other game systems are we interested in playing

Geoffrey
user 46687612
Chicago, IL
Post #: 16
Too bad I'm not free this Sunday, the Bears are on Monday night. Saturdays are rough for me, as I run and host my Pathfinder game on Friday nights from 8-12?1 (always looking for new blood, though we currently have 6). I am always willing to host if that makes it easier, and I have a dedicated gaming space with TONS of minis, maps, etc. For Deadlands I would be willing to jump through some hoops. Also, I am curious who your Evanston gamers are, to see if they overlap my Evanston Gamer buddies.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 294
I am fairly sure you don't game with them as they haven't gamed with any other group since they had their baby (2 years ago). Ish and Tim?

Anyway, where do you play? Your ID labels you as being in Chicago. Is that correct? I could run another Deadlands but don't know any regular gamers down by Chicago. Would you have a group willing to play?

Also, I am currently using the Savage Worlds version. I have some of the d20 books but would prefer to stick to the system I am most familiar with. What version(s) are you familiar with?
Geoffrey
user 46687612
Chicago, IL
Post #: 17
Sorry for the delay in responding. I live in Glenview, near Milwaukee Rd & Golf, and we play here every Friday. I have a dedicated gaming space that seats up to eight. This Friday I will ask my group if anyone is interested (send me an email to remind me if you wish).

I played the original Deadlands extensively, and it is my favorite version. The d20 version is a trainwreck, or at least the edition I own is. It may be the worst edited rulebook i have ever seen. For example, one of the base class descriptions just ends midparagraph. I have read the SW system, and played a little SW in other settings. I would love to give it a shot.

Are you available to game on Fridays? Our PF game has an open seat. Otherwise Tue, Wed, and Thurs are best for me.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 299
I don't work far from Glenview and not far at all from Milwaukee and Golf. We go to Pita Inn over there all the time.

If you are up for Deadlands using the SW system, then I could cook something up. Let me know what your group thinks. I am available most Fridays but realistically every other Friday. Maybe we can switch between Pathfinders and SW if you meet every week.

I wouldn't mind playing Pathfinders but can't be consistent. So let me know how flexible attendance is expected.