addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Grayslake Gamers Message Board › Star Wars X-Wing at UGG today

Star Wars X-Wing at UGG today

Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 280
Sorry for the late notice but thought I would throw it out there that I will be at Unique Gifts & Games today playing the Star Wars X-Wing miniatures game. If you are interested in playing, I should be there from around noon to 2PM. I may be there longer if more people show up. Not a big deal but offering this in case anyone was interested.
Chris
Core-fire
Group Organizer
Grayslake, IL
Post #: 22
The game looks awesome! Great miniatures and Ed really has a handle on the rules plus enough material for several players. Didn't get to play due to a time crunch and honey-do list, but I am totally in the next time.
Ed S
Edintheburbs
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 282
Thanks. We ended up playing two games.

The first one that you saw was an intro for Ryan and Luke (not Skywalker) into the game. Luke taking the evil Imperial side and Ryan taking the Rebel scum side. A small Imperial patrol of 2 Tie fighters and 1 Tie advanced engaged a wing of Y-Wings (2 fighters) en-route to a staging area. The rebels fell that time to the overwhelming swarm tactics the Tie fighters are known for. Even with their superior shield technology and stronger hulls, they could not get good positions on their opponents whose withering fire finally brought them low. Luckily, both pilots were able to eject and were picked up by rescue forces.

The second game had Ryan and Luke working together on the Imperial side (I am not sure why but it seems more people want to be on the Imperial side) while I took on the beleaguered Rebel side. Between them, they fielded 7 Tie fighters while I had 3 X-Wings, led by Luke Skywalker, and a Y-Wing. Sadly, Luke (this time Skywalker) took heavy enemy fire as his reputation proceeded him and his skill made him the favored target. Again, destiny was to favor him though as he was able to make his escape and was picked up by the Rebel remnants. One X-Wing pilot was lost as his ship took an overwhelming number of hits in one round. The other Rebel fighters than fought furiously to stay alive and with one Tie fighter left, was able to force the newly trained academy pilot to retreat.

In all, we had a very enjoyable time.