While some cloud users are evaluating AWS vs. Azure, many enterprises are planning to use both cloud providers to avoid vendor lock-in and latency while creating redundancy. While Azure is now the clear #2 in public cloud behind AWS there are some notable differences between how the two hyper-clouds operate and the best practices for deploying workloads in each to create a multi-cloud solution that can optimize for cost and performance. The session will cover:
• AWS vs. Azure differences for compute, networking, storage and pricing.
• Recent and coming enhancements for AWS Lambda and Azure Functions.
• Multi-cloud environments can be complex so let’s discuss the best practices for cloud deployments when using both AWS and Azure.
Arlan Nugara is a software architect and has been a full stack developer at Alvarnet Corporation for the past 18 years.
He has spent most of his time working with the Microsoft technology stack and applying it to the technology needs of large corporations such as financial institutions, telecommunication and wireless equipment companies. He has a passion for Enterprise-grade Cloud Computing Platform & Services, ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) and DevOps (collaboration, communication and automation of processes between developers and IT Pros) and is always looking for ways to work smarter.
Arlan was awarded a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in 2017 for his technical community contributions in Azure (Cloud Computing Platform & Services).
He blogs at http://arlanblogs.alvarnet.com and is on Twitter via @ArlanNugara (https://twitter.com/ArlanNugara).
• 6:00 Social
• 6:10 Lightning talks begin
• 6:30 Main presentation begins
• 7:45 Closing & Prize Raffle